Lightning

aftermarket seats!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003 | 12:12 AM
|
aftermarket seats!!!

i am seriously considering the purchase of aftermarket seats. i want something that hugs a little more and weighs less. also i want the option to take out the passenger seat with relative ease when (or before) i go to the track.

i've been looking at the Sparco Torino's and they list for about 600. i know our stock seats fetch anywhere from 800-1000. i would also purchase all the bracketry necessary for a quick and easy swap without having to custom fab anything, etc. i know the stock seats come out with something like a Torx 50 or something correct?

also i have about a 28-30 waist. i'm pretty thin and dont plan on getting fat anytime soon so i dont mind the snugness. i just want something that weighs less and supports me better. hopefully i can do all this without spending too much money (or anything if i can get a used pair cheap).

i've searched the boards and have seen one pic of the torinos and another set of the viper stock seats.

my question is basically if i'm missing something here. as far as the details go what am i forgetting? i just wanted to run it all by you.

(by the way): in the future as soon as i find one i'll get a expy console. if not at least the console that comes in f150s with captain's chairs (the one that does NOT extend all the way to the dash)....

thanks and i'm sorry for the long post. just a lil excited

Old 01-16-2003 | 01:26 AM
Re: aftermarket seats!!!

Originally posted by cyntaxx

also i have about a 28-30 waist. i'm pretty thin and dont plan on getting fat anytime soon so i dont mind the snugness.
Famous last words......

Sorry not much helpful info, just smart *** comments. However I have seen the Sparcos and like the fit and feel of them.

Old 01-16-2003 | 01:30 AM
yeah sparco's are great, but $$$

Old 01-16-2003 | 01:39 AM
Scottsbeater took my words right out of my mouth, I remember when I was thin, 2nd grade to be exact.

But seriously, if you plan on keeping your truck forever, then selling the stock seats is the way to go. Just remember it might make selling your truck difficult with aftermarket seats

Old 01-16-2003 | 01:45 AM
|
yea i realize this...but hopefully i wont be selling my baby anytime soon (another jinx eh?!)

but in all seriousness i would have to offset (if not swap) my stockers for aftermarket units. plus i have no way of storing the stock ones (i'm a college student )

i almost thought about just swapping the drivers seat and try to keep the stock one at my parents' house....but a) it would look cheesy and b) one of the main reasons is to shed some weight...

Old 01-16-2003 | 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Just remember it might make selling your truck difficult with aftermarket seats
or for that matter chopping them up to add a console. Ah, who are we trying to kid? Ford has pretty much made it impossible to keep these things exclusive. Chop away folks, your trucks not worth what it should be anyway.

Old 01-16-2003 | 01:10 PM
|
i think it may take longer to sell but the right buyer will appreciate them more...

Quick Reply: aftermarket seats!!!