Lightning

New guy has more mod questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003 | 04:21 AM
|
New guy has more mod questions.

Thought it was about time to start a new thread. i found some more stuff for the lightning. Some of you said toask here about products to see if they are junk or not. Below are the parts im wondering about. And are the PSP Valve bodies the actual shift kit itself? Im confused about that. anyways...

1. PSP Harmonic Balancer?
2. Wich is better? JDMs cool air induction filter kit or PSP's kit?
3. anyone using the Cobra r water pump from JDM?
4. JDM's boost by pass kit? does it help?
5. Anyone use JDM's full exhaust system? switching to that instead of bassani; too exspensive.

Old 01-18-2003 | 04:32 AM
Re: New guy has more mod questions.

i]Originally posted by NateTrun2 [/i]
[B]Thought it was about time to start a new thread. i found some more stuff for the lightning. Some of you said toask here about products to see if they are junk or not. Below are the parts im wondering about. And are the PSP Valve bodies the actual shift kit itself? Im confused about that. anyways...

The factory tech valve body is what you want, don't ask why or how just get that kit with a deep pan and filter kit and you'll be set to rock and roll with the best shift kit for these trucks. Trust me on that one.

1. PSP Harmonic Balancer? You don't need that until your hauling major a$$ so scratch that one off your list.

2. Wich is better? JDMs cool air induction filter kit or PSP's kit? Honestly the PSP is probably better with the fast air kit, and I'm not just saying that cause I'm a PSP man either.

3. anyone using the Cobra r water pump from JDM? Pretty much everyone who does a electric fan kit does the Cobra R water pump. Mostly to eliminate the stock clutch fan shaft from the pump. You can get those anywhere.

4. JDM's boost by pass kit? does it help? It does nothing except stop the boost solinoid from being measured and having your truck drop boost. You can either A disconnect the divice and save 25 bucks or B by the JDM kit, either way the same thing happens. I personally think there a waste of money.

5. Anyone use JDM's full exhaust system? switching to that instead of bassani; too exspensive. Most of the high rollers run the "KOOKS" long tube headers and either bassani cat back or magnaflow cat back. Its all your personal preference of sound there, I think most prefer bassani though.

Good luck brother.

Old 01-18-2003 | 04:59 AM
|
thanx for the info

guess I will be different and use JDM. They claims that their dual system sounds close to or like bassani. Now i just need to find some tires. I'm a big pirelli fan, but i dont think they make the lightnings size. How big of a width can you fit on the stock wheels?

I saw the FASTair kit and it makes me think of running over debri or a parking barrier and it cause some damage. or it sucking up smals rocks or something. not sure about using that... I like JDM's design better, even if it didn't work as well as FASTair. just want to play it safe. i mean.... wouldnt the foam boot on jdm's kit work better than without it on PSP's air filter kit>?

Last edited by NateTrun2; 01-18-2003 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2003 | 05:01 AM
Originally posted by NateTrun2
thanx for the info

guess I will be different and use JDM. They claims that their dual system sounds close to or like bassani. Now i just need to find some tires. I'm a big pirelli fan, but i dont think they make the lightnings size. How big of a width can you fit on the stock wheels?

Nothing sounds like bassani on the lightning,

If you want traction for the beast, get nitto 555R's for it and you'll be a happy camper. there the best out there now.

Old 01-18-2003 | 05:07 AM
|
i updated my post up there. and why in the hell are you up this early?

Old 01-18-2003 | 05:11 AM
i updated my post up there. and why in the hell are you up this early?

Who's up, I just got home.

Old 01-18-2003 | 05:21 AM
|
hehe, lucky you. oh yeah, forgot it was friday. i work graveyards on the weekends and i lose track of all time.

Old 01-18-2003 | 05:29 AM
|
was looking at your pics of you replacing your old blower. what happened to it? did you replace it with another lightning blower?

Old 01-18-2003 | 07:07 AM
was looking at your pics of you replacing your old blower. what happened to it? did you replace it with another lightning blower?
He wishes. J/K

BTW-JDM or PSP .They are both good. I am a JDM guy and Joe is a PSP guy. Both tuners work and will do the job.
If you do choose JDM stuff you will not be disappointed.

Joe- Do you have a headache this morning?(Hangover perhaps?)

VINNIE

Old 01-18-2003 | 08:16 AM
what about a JL verses the JDM or PSP?

Quick Reply: New guy has more mod questions.