Lightning

Bondurant Facility selling GT's and cobra's off

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bondurant Facility selling GT's and cobra's off

"They have approximately 180 race prepared Mustang GT's and Cobras for sale, track-ready, Recaro seats, Eibach suspension, Brembo brakes, full roll cage, very well maintained. They are asking $12,500 for the GT's, but I did not get a price on the Cobras. These GT's have about $22,500 in mods and upgrades, over and above the base price of the car."

quoted from an e-mail sent to me

check it out

Old 01-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Are you sure they haven't had the pisz driven out of 'em?

They showed their new fleet of Cadillacs caravaning down the freeway a few weeks ago.

Old 01-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Is there a website or email address ?

Old 01-22-2003, 09:52 AM
"Mustang 4.6 L 2V

260 HP

Emissions controls removed

Custom Bondurant engine calibration

Custom H-Pipe with catalytic converters removed

Borla custom dual exhaust system

Custom cooling system including production 6.8L V10 water pump. Mustang Cobra R radiator, engine driven fan with custom shroud and an 18" electric cooling fan.

1995 SVT Mustang Cobra R engine oil cooler

Battery relocated to trunk
Weight"

This info was lifted from the Bondurant website...these are race cars that probably can't be registered until all emissions stuff and cats are reinstalled. I wonder if BB has kept all the parts they took off and will provide them to the buyer as part of the selling price? If so, not a bad deal; if not, it will take a grip to get everything put back on. If you are buying for the track, no prob.

Old 01-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be a fun car to buy if you where going to track events every weekend. But you might have a hard time registering the vehicle for street use with the emissions removed.

I wonder what type of vehicles the school is going to run now?

Old 01-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Dodges if I remember right.

There is a guy on NLOC that bought one of the Stangs...sure they've had the **** driven out of them, but it is a quality racing school, they've had the **** maintained out of them too.

Daniel

Old 01-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well after reading Pawn's response, I gota ****

Old 01-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Thumbs up Hmm.....

They are 5-speeds right>??? If I had some extra cash floating around I would pick one up. Slap a dealer plate on it and drive the **** out of it some more. HaHa. Oh yeah I think they are running Vettes and Caddies now. -Mat-

Old 01-26-2003, 11:05 PM
As an owner of the first one sold (#20), let me give you a few comments on what I discovered. I knew as a past student that the cars were very well maintained. How many driving schools do you know of where the service bays run 24/7?

Yeah, they've been driven hard, but if I were to buy a regular 94 Mustang off the street and convert it to a track car, I sincerely doubt any street car of that vintage would have had that level of maintenance given to it. Everything is kept functional on the cars, including the A/C. When I was looking at mine, each one of the cars has an extensive service history. My car had a file 3" thick full of part #'s and mileage/hours figures so I know not only what the part numbers are, but how long they'll last in a track environment.

The cars were designed and developed by Roush, so the package is pretty stout. More importantly, its sorted. The brakes and cooling systems were designed to withstand the Phoenix heat. I don't have to worry about what parts work or don't work with others, what settings to put this bit or that bit at, yada yada...

The Mustangs are 5 speeds (Tremec 3550's). When I picked out the one I eventually bought, we put it up on the lift and went over it inch by inch with the Shop Mgr. (Ken Thom) and the Asst. Shop Mgr (Will Rueth). Nice guys and true gearheads. They showed us where to look on a SN95, and how to fix it if/when it happens.

So yeah, they've got a history, but they're pretty tough too. Not to mention the fact that no matter where you go with one, you draw an instant crowd. They've got a whole host of other FoMoCo products for sale also (or they did). Cobra Vic's, SVT Contours, a Gen 1 Lightning, Probes, SHO's, etc. All will eventually (or have) go up for sale.

If you do buy one, you won't be slapping any plates on them. That's one of the conditions of sale dictated by Ford Motor Co. I bought mine to use as a dedicated track/auto-x car, and I believe it will fit the bill nicely. Happy camper here (as well as some of the other owners I've been in contact with).

For those interested with the entire experience, here's a thread that documents it; http://www.svtoakc.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=179

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Last edited by roger; 01-26-2003 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Bondurant Facility selling GT's and cobra's off