Lightning

Maguires Gold Question (already searched)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does clay baring do for you and how do you do it. My paint needs some help?

Old 01-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clay bars removed light surface oxidation, dirt and other impurities from the clear coat. Taking your time with the bar, yields the best results. Your finish will only look as good as the time spent to prep it. Similar to how a painter would prep your new hood.

My aresnal for prep...

Clay bar
3M SMR For Dark Color Paint
Finesse It II ( If the above isnt working to remove swirls )
Pin Cleansing Lotion. ( Adds a whole new dimension of shine )

I would clay bar the paint. Keep over lapping areas you already completed. When your clay barring, you will hear like a scratching sound. As the paint has been cleaned, you wont hear it anymore. Wipe the panel and keep moving. Dont try to buff the panels dry like your detailing. You just want to suck up any of the lubricant juices. You will wash the truck when your completed.

Invest in a Porter Cable Buffer. Best deal going is

here

Now, head over here and pick up this kit for the PC..

Be prepared to invest $250 into your baby, but the outcome will look better then showroom the day you bought yours.

You will remove basically all the siwrls, scratching and imperfections in one after noon. After you get done using the SMR and Cleansing lotion. wash it. Then decide if you want to use wax or zaino.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Flying Mofo; 01-24-2003 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Maguires Gold Question (already searched)