Lightning

Kicker L7's 12", anyone got the hook up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicker L7's 12", anyone got the hook up?

I found this place on E-bay that has them for $180 bucks each which is a good price, but I'm not sure if there safe or not. http://www.stores.ebay.com/wwwcbrste...pt4/index.html

Also does anyone else know of any good places to buy them at?

I plan on doing two 12" kicker L7's kinda like what clonetek did with his. two of those with a 2ohm load should get me 1500 watts of raw RMS power and hopefully rock the beast hard!

Old 01-26-2003, 03:41 PM
what? you copycat bastard! ROFLMAO!

mine are running at 2ohm mono on the ZX600. my ears ring for hours on end.. my girlfriend likes it though!

what happened to the "12's dont sound as good as 10's in a truck" you always used to say? LOL LOL

let me know if you find a good way to mount the amps & speaker box so you can pull them out at the track.. i'll just have to copycat you.

Old 01-26-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm going to mount my amps under the seats. The SX450 will go under the middle and the Rockford will go under the passenger side, and if that don't work I'm going to put the ZX450 in the middle of the box with a similar cut out I did before. I think I'll get both under the seat, but we'll see when I get the system.

I'll be sure to take allot of pics for you bro. This will be a quick and easy to remove box for racing for sure. ADIOS!

Old 01-26-2003, 03:56 PM
we need some sort of quick connect fitting for the power/ground, and the speaker wires.. i'm gonna look into this stuff..

Old 01-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by clonetek
we need some sort of quick connect fitting for the power/ground, and the speaker wires.. i'm gonna look into this stuff..
Well I'm not to worried about leaving the amps you know, the only weigh 10 pounds between the two of them you know.

So I think just quick dissconnects for the speaker wires and its all good brother.

See I'm just going to move the ZX amp to the middle worse case. You can do the exact same thing since our amps and setup would be almost exactly the same. You only problem will be that farad cap you have. I got two 1 farads in the stock back speaker locations. There out of the way. I think I'm going to get rid of the back cover all together thats cut up now and try and mold the box to fit better to pick up whatever little space we need. Which I'll sacrafice some seat room for the box cause I'm not that big and I don't sit all the way back vinnie bling bling homie style. Plus I don't date fat chicks so I'm fine with the passenger's

Old 01-26-2003, 04:09 PM
maybe my box will be built on small "legs" that will allow me to mount the amps & cap under it.. just leave the fans out in the open like the one behind your seat.

now i need a way to hold the box down.. right now, it has a couple of screws going into the floor. hmm...

Old 01-26-2003, 04:30 PM
rtkilla: i got a hookup at APT that i plan on using this coming summer. depending on how soon you want to get your stuff i can probably get a decent hookup from them.

Old 01-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
rtkilla: i got a hookup at APT that i plan on using this coming summer. depending on how soon you want to get your stuff i can probably get a decent hookup from them.
well I don't need it right away if I can get a hook up, where's that place at?

Your right by me kinda arn't you?

Old 01-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Joe, either get them off of ebay or www.cbrstereo.com And here is a suggestion, if you are going to be sealing them feed them about 1000watts each, they love the power.

Old 01-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by EvilGuy
Joe, either get them off of ebay or www.cbrstereo.com And here is a suggestion, if you are going to be sealing them feed them about 1000watts each, they love the power.
thats the place I was looking at them for, SWEET!

Old 01-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Rt your sig banner is getting more crowded and crowded, you're covering that girl up

Old 01-26-2003, 10:52 PM
rtkilla: http://www.abtelectronics.com/

thats the place. real quality stuff and i think every Bulls player to date has gotten their ride done up at ABT. sorry about the spelling...

Old 01-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Re: Kicker L7's 12", anyone got the hook up?

Originally posted by RTKILLA
I found this place on E-bay that has them for $180 bucks each which is a good price, but I'm not sure if there safe or not. http://www.stores.ebay.com/wwwcbrste...pt4/index.html

Also does anyone else know of any good places to buy them at?

I plan on doing two 12" kicker L7's kinda like what clonetek did with his. two of those with a 2ohm load should get me 1500 watts of raw RMS power and hopefully rock the beast hard!
That's a good price. I just ordered from Discountave.com for $200. The two I have in my L, I got for $175 a year ago using daughters employee discount. I got two L7's hooked up at 2 ohms getting power from a Kicker DX700 mono amp.

Old 01-27-2003, 04:29 PM
HEY WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE FLOOR MATS DID THEY COME WITH THE TRUCK ????? I CANT SEE THEM SO GOOD BUT DO THEY SAY LIGHTNING????

Old 01-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Re: Re: Kicker L7's 12", anyone got the hook up?

Originally posted by '00BlackLightning
That's a good price. I just ordered from Discountave.com for $200. The two I have in my L, I got for $175 a year ago using daughters employee discount. I got two L7's hooked up at 2 ohms getting power from a Kicker DX700 mono amp.
I think you need another one of those!!! i HAPPEN to have one in my garage for sale for you! 350 bucks shipped, its like brand new too!

Quick Reply: Kicker L7's 12", anyone got the hook up?