Lightning

Help me decide: red or black one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003 | 07:00 PM
ZoranC...

You're right about Red Ls in the Lost Angeles area.

I live here in L.A. and mine is one of the few Red Ls I know of. I see Black Ls all the time...Unlike you I see a lot of Ls around here and almost all of them are black.

The only other Red L I see around is some guy in the Marina del Rey area.

Once you get yours maybe I see you around and I'll know of 3 Red Ls.

Man, you know what's great? I got one of those new tabletPCs with wireless and I'm sittin and watching the superbowl and am able to write responses and surf the site during commercials!

Technology is great!

Old 01-26-2003 | 07:23 PM
RED of course ... cause it's the fastest color ...

kobiashi, what brand you get? I used the Toshiba
the other day, QUITE nice ....

Old 01-26-2003 | 07:42 PM
SVT_KY -

I got the Compaq -

It was between this and the Fujitsu

The compaq is really well built you can remove the keyboard completely so that it is a true tablet. I also thought the way the keyboard is attached is a lot more sturdy than the Toshiba.

Cnet's review only had one reservation about the Compaq which was the processor speed but I have not found that to be a problem (I did max out the memory to 768 though) The Compaq also had the best battery life which is important.

Is it life changing? No...but it is fun.

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:00 PM
|
Re: ZoranC...

Originally posted by kobiashi You're right about Red Ls in the Lost Angeles area.
Even better reason to get one I don't know which area of L.A. you are in, but in my area in all these years I have seen grand total of two (same thing with supercharged HDs, but I have counted 5 Hummer H2s). Once in a while I see others on the freeway, but not a single red one.

Originally posted by kobiashi The only other Red L I see around is some guy in the Marina del Rey area.
You might be right. I though I saw one red one parked on side street next to Souplantation there when I was driving by, but I was not in position to stop by to check it out. It seemed like it was having a diamnod mesh grill.

I also heard of "red L sighting" in O.C. area.

Originally posted by kobiashi Once you get yours maybe I see you around ...
Once I get mine maybe we go for a beer.

Originally posted by kobiashi I got one of those new tabletPCs with wireless ...
Hmmmm... Can I join you in what you do for a living so I can get new toys too?

ZoranC

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:18 PM
Zoran -

Happy to get together - I don't drink but we can meet someplace. We should get a bunch of LAites together.

As for the area in Lost Angeles - I'm near Westwood (UCLA)

As for sharin in the job -
I'm an intern having just receiving my Masters in applied psychology...gonna be a shrink...right now I don't get paid so I don't think you'd want the work.

Good luck with the purchase of the L

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:38 PM
tradin in your HD zoran?

anyway, my vote is white

but if you are keeping the HD still, then i vote red....1 black vehicle would be enough for me. LoL

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:41 PM
|
Originally posted by kobiashi Happy to get together - I don't drink but we can meet someplace. We should get a bunch of LAites together.
SoCal chapter of NLOC (I am not their member yet) meets at Long Beach once a month or so. Their next meeting is in 2 weeks, but I don't think I will have truck that soon. We should form a "red" sub-chapter though.

Originally posted by kobiashi As for the area in Lost Angeles - I'm near Westwood (UCLA)
Not too far from me. I am in San Pedro area.

Originally posted by kobiashi As for sharin in the job - I'm an intern having just receiving my Masters in applied psychology...gonna be a shrink...right now I don't get paid so I don't think you'd want the work.
I guess I jumped to conclusion cause those tablets are expensive.

Originally posted by kobiashi Good luck with the purchase of the L
Thanks! Now "all" I need to do is find dealer willing to take X-Plan and secure financing.

ZoranC

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:46 PM
|
Originally posted by Harley#356 tradin in your HD zoran?
Nope. Wife will drive L until financial situation gets better (I am still unemployed), and once we can afford it (hopefully in a year or so) she will be getting H2 and I get to keep L

Originally posted by Harley#356 anyway, my vote is white
Now, now, Josh, don't be going WD40 on me.

Originally posted by Harley#356 but if you are keeping the HD still, then i vote red....1 black vehicle would be enough for me.
My HD is DSG. My T-Bird is black.

ZoranC

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:47 PM
Zoran

Up until about a month ago I was living in Rancho P.V. and got my L at Peyton Cramer on P.C.H.

They took MSRP in 2 seconds flat no haggeling when it was stickered for 5K over invoice. I don't know if they take Xplan but you could check...otherwise try Cerritos Ford.

I liked P.V. (only lived ther for 8 months while I finished school and interned at a Hospital in Torrance). Not far at all from S.P. But P.V. was too far removed from where I have spent most my life and all my friends and things I am familiar with...besides, I want to have my private practice here in West LA.

Having spent the last 38 years of my life here this is back where I want to be.

Last edited by kobiashi; 01-26-2003 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2003 | 08:49 PM
Re: Zoran

oops...double post

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:54 PM
for some reason i always thought you had a black truck guess thats cuz you never posted pics of it! LoL

Old 01-26-2003 | 09:05 PM
|
Re: Zoran

Originally posted by kobiashi Up until about a month ago I was living in Rancho P.V. and got my L at Peyton Cramer on P.C.H.
Peyton Cramer is first place where I will try. If they are wise they will get my business on the spot.

Originally posted by kobiashi But P.V. was too far removed from where I have spent most my life and all my friends and things I am familiar with...besides, I want to have my private practice here in West LA.
If I were you I would do the same.

Talk to you soon!

ZoranC

Old 01-26-2003 | 09:06 PM
|
Originally posted by Harley#356 guess thats cuz you never posted pics of it!
I never posted them cause I promised to myself I will not post them until truck is in such condition it can be showed off. As you already know, it hasn't reached that condition yet.

ZoranC

Old 01-26-2003 | 10:27 PM

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 01-26-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2003 | 10:37 PM
Yes but

once you do black you'll never go back..

black L
black ZX-11
black 89 Stang GT Conv
black Suzook XL-7

hmmmmm think we like black vehicles in this house?

Quick Reply: Help me decide: red or black one?