Lightning

I am Famous[sort of]

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003 | 06:51 PM
My dad was the drummer for ....(insert famous rock group)

Old 01-27-2003 | 07:10 PM
|
Boy I can see what the[some] members of THIS forum think about us road racers!!Just keep in mind where alot of your suspension ideas and componets originated from!!No more needs to be said.Stan and a proud ROAD racer!!

Last edited by Ruslow; 01-27-2003 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2003 | 07:11 PM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
I famous for being late

Congrats though Stan and that was a cool video !!!
Me never showing up I hear is what I'm famous for. I always thought i was famous for somthing else.

Old 01-27-2003 | 07:17 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Originally posted by Ruslow
Boy I can see what the[some] members of THIS forum think about us road racers!!Just keep in mind where alot of your suspension ideas and componets originated from!!No more needs to be said.Stan and a proud ROAD racer!!
Agreed. I prefer my adrenaline rush to last over 12 seconds thank you very much.

Brake Late, Dive Deep (and not at the end of the drag strip either)

Old 01-27-2003 | 07:40 PM
Thats why I last 25 sec

AND

I love my panhard bar

Old 01-27-2003 | 07:42 PM
Stan/Spike: Your in-cab video reminds me of my driving schools at Road Atlanta and at Roebling Road when I tracked my 1991 Camaro Z281LE. I've got several videos(analog/tape) with the cam recorder mounted on the 6-point rollcage cross member.

I got tape of a Porshe spinning out in front of me(with 4 cars behind me). He spun off into the dirt, sending a large, dense cloud of dust/dirt, completely blacking out turn 5 at Roebling. I kept on going, hoping he enede up off the track. He did. Later, the Porsche driver that was behind me came over and said " I staid on your rear, trusting your big, American metal would take the other guy out if need be." We had a big laugh after everyone came out OK.

At another Roebling school, I came up upon a new Porshce Turbo that lifted in turn 9(high speed corner leading onto the front straight) and spun into the sand and 'turned-turtle' 100' or so off the track. The side(tires) dug into the sand and flipped him and his instructor onto the roof. Both got out with just a finger scratch but the new($$$$) Porsche had to be trailored home.

Thanks for the memories!

Dan

Quick Reply: I am Famous[sort of]