Lightning

Works..K/B blower info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tundra
We are the customers thats why. Would you buy a Lightning if you had to call around to see if there is a warrantee?

What I find really hilarious is when people claim one blower is better than the other the topic gorws to 5 pages in 24 hours, and this post which has been up for close to 30 is just about 10 replies long.
Tell em tundra
Maybe the question wasn't dramatic enough...maybe i should have asked the question like this.

I heard that the tuners were going to pick and choose whose blower gets a warranty,and who is on there own.
I heard that if your not repesenting there team,there will be no warranty.
Any of you drama queens or post ****** out there no if there is any truth to this? This would have gotten some replies

Old 02-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by VINNIE
Not to get this thread all worked up, but do you EVER plan on racing the truck? 1/4 mile or R.C. because that would probaly void the warranty anyway. I can guarantee if you told the dealer your truck broke while racing, They would void your warranty.
This is a RACE part.
I know you are going to say so what, but race parts usually are not warranteed and if they are it is usually VERY hard to prove.

If the dealer or manufacturer wants to do the right thing then they should cover any damages.It is just getting that to actually happen is the hard part.

VINNIE
Vinnie,i think you need to reread the original post as to the racing aspect.
I also disagree about this being a racing part with the exception of the 201 blower[race only]...or for that matter that they should be treated as just a part.
What blower are they showcasing on the future L,hmmm looks like a lysholm twin screw to me...will it come with a warranty...yes.
Will that warranty be canceled if you race?...not by my dealer it won't,at least not until it is highly modded.

My dealership knows i race,and they have no problem with that and warrantys whatsoever until you get to the point were your running big pulleys or nitrous.

So far,all i have heard is speculation on if there is a warranty on any of the aftermarket blowers,whether raced or daily driven or whatever.

So any actual dealers going to speak up or are we just a bunch of mushrooms?

Old 02-02-2003, 08:39 PM
My experience as a manufacturer taught me

1) the customer is right
2) the customer is never wrong
3) If you doubt 1 or 2 above, find another line of work.

So far we are talking about 2 manufacturers of aftermarket blowers for the Lightning with perhaps more to follow.

From the grist of previous posts on this topic, if even ONE of these manufacturers production units fails (forget about the early prototypes...that's why they are called prototypes), I believe it will generate about a 50 reply thread (in spite of Doug's New Years resolution). So if one of these manufacturers does not make good on supporting his customer, where will the future business go???

These are aftermarket RACING parts. If you run them on a 1200HP Alcohol monster and only get 20 runs out of it, don't be surprised. Get it rebuilt every 10 runs instead.

But if you competently mount it on a stock Lightning with a proper fuel/timing set-up and it seizes up in 3 hours, demand a new one. If you don't get one, that manufacturer is headed for the bone yard.

PS: Manufacturers DO read these web sites. And I am afraid that all this talk about warranty will just cause them to raise prices further to cover any litigation.

Just my 2cents,

Douglas

Old 02-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey Greg,
I feel you already answered your own question about them stepping up to the plate for answers that you are looking for! Save your $3500 and wait for the 04-05L and mod the crap out of it with the warranty you know you will have from your dealer IMO.See you in the spring!

Old 02-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys ever think that the warranty info may not be finalized yet? I mean the Works 140 isn't even being sold yet. I will have the details on it as soon as there is info to be given. Works is still working with Whipple on setting up the warranty stuff. I can tell you this though, Whipple is a stand up company for sure. We sent one of the test blowers (from the "power" truck) in to them just for a "check up" to make sure everything was ok internally (which it was) while the motor was being swapped for a built unit. Whipple took longer than they expected to check it out, and the sales manager swapped out our customers used one with a new unit from a kit he was about to install on his own vehicle.

As for the KB, they must have a warranty now since the blowers are being sold, so I'm sure JL will chime in on that warranty, as I honestly have no idea.

You guys need to chill out a bit, you're getting mad at something that's not even available yet.

Last edited by LightningTuner; 02-02-2003 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
Save your $3500 and wait for the 04-05L and mod the crap out of it with the warranty you know you will have from your dealer IMO.
Wow, that sentence seems kind of ironic on this board...

Is someone implying they get better treatment from the dealer/Ford than from the tuners???

Old 02-02-2003, 09:17 PM
What is so ironic about getting great treatment from my ford dealer What does that have to do with any tuners,all i meant was Greg and i have really cool mod friendly dealerships that always take care of us with any warranty work!

Old 02-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
You guys ever think that the warranty info may not be finalized yet? I mean the Works 140 isn't even being sold yet. I will have the details on it as soon as there is info to be given. Works is still working with Whipple on setting up the warranty stuff. I can tell you this though, Whipple is a stand up company for sure. We sent one of the test blowers in to them just for a "check up" to make sure everything was ok internally (which it was) while the motor was being swapped for a built unit, and Whipple gave us a new unit just for loyalty and R&D that Works was putting into the project.

As for the KB, they must have a warranty now since the blowers are being sold, so I'm sure JL will chime in on that warranty, as I honestly have no idea.

You guys need to chill out a bit, you're getting mad at something that's not even available yet.
Thanks for the clue that there will be some sort of warranty.
I would rather here it from a vendor then the manufactuer.
I am in a situation were i need to sell my truck now and save money for the 04-05L or take it off the market and buy an aftermarket blower...so in my case,i can't afford to chill
When i hear people speculating that there is no warranty and these are race only parts...that touches a nerve.

Thanks again Sal.

Old 02-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Holy chit, here we go again

Old 02-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
What is so ironic about getting great treatment from my ford dealer What does that have to do with any tuners,all i meant was Greg and i have really cool mod friendly dealerships that always take care of us with any warranty work!
I actually told the head of service that if i were to buy an L at his dealership[there are 3 or 4 svt dealers around] that i was going to chip,filter and race my truck,and if he was going to give me problems,i would buy elsewhere
I also informed him that i wanted 373 gear installed before i took delivery of my new 00.

At first he was shocked,but agreed that as long as i did not install nitrous,that bolt ons like pro m,chip,t/b ect were ok.

They did not even void my warranty when i had a 2# or 4# pulley
All dealerships are not created equal.

See you in the spring Matt.

Quick Reply: Works..K/B blower info needed.