Lightning

Towing....so easy

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003 | 07:56 PM
|
Thumbs up Towing....so easy

I borrowed my friend's 8x16 enclosed trailer over the weekend to move some stuff. This was my first time with something that big on the L. The trailer alone came in at somewhere like 6500 lbs. Good thing he had one of this deals,

The L had no problem towing that thing. Easy to take off and stop, you new you had something behind you but once I got rolling piece of cake.
Then I loaded the trailer with my bike tools and some other crap and then I really felt the weight when trying to stop.
Then I put on my little 5x8 open trailer and it was like, is there something back there? good to know we got torque

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:01 PM
Try doing that with a Camaro, F-Bird, or Cobra
LONG LIVE THE LIGHTNING

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:06 PM
I raced a camaro one day from a redlight with a 5x12 woodfloor open trailor with my bandolero race car on it. Pulled him by a few car lengths before he relised he had got beat by a truck pulling a trailor with a car on it. i felt good after that.I have even pulled my all aluminum 30ft inclosed trailor with nothing in it. besides the truck squating a little it pulled just fine. I am always pulling something since my dad is the central alabama Pace trailors dealer.

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:08 PM
Cool!

Now go enter a tractor pull and show those Cummings diesels what its all about

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:16 PM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
I raced a camaro one day from a redlight with a 5x12 woodfloor open trailor with my bandolero race car on it. Pulled him by a few car lengths before he relised he had got beat by a truck pulling a trailor with a car on it. i felt good after that.I have even pulled my all aluminum 30ft inclosed trailor with nothing in it. besides the truck squating a little it pulled just fine. I am always pulling something since my dad is the central alabama Pace trailors dealer.

I know whom Iam going to talk to when the time comes to buy a trailer

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:36 PM
|
Latemodel, hook us up.

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:10 PM
Speaking of trailers...

My Cousins from Jersey were up over the weekend to hit the gun shop and go snowmobiling. They also brought some Christmas gifts along. None for me... Mines being built! They're building a custom two place bike trailer for me and shooting it DSG to match the L'. Talk about a cool gift! Should be done just in time for all the toys to come out. Can't wait to haul my SuperGlide and Wifeys Buell down to his place behind the L' and do the Sunday New Hope run on the scooters.

FX
'03 DSG L'

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:17 PM
Shoot me an e-mail when you and the misses make it to josey. I'll bring my gal and meet up

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:24 PM
Sounds like a plan Gator. A hook-up is in order! Lookin' forward to getting out of this Godforsaken frozen tundra. How far are you from the Princeton/Skillman area?

FX
'03 DSG L'

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:27 PM
maybe 45 min to Princeton..30 in a Lightning

What did you ever decide on the Nova/Galaxie issue?

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:51 PM
Haven't seen the dude with the Galaxie yet. Was sick all last week and didn't get out much 'til the weekend. It'll still be there come spring! Still undecided though. I'll see once I do the paint. Too much going on to put this real high on the list of priorities. Still have to button up the garage, paint a friends Cuda and paint another's 'F' Body then I can concentrate on the Nova. I want to take my time on it and have it be straighter than new.

All of this summers resto projects are to be photographed and documented to put the finishing touches on a body repair and paint book that's been in the works for some time now. Probably do a chapter on shop set-up during the final phases of the garage.

FX

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:56 PM
Too bad, or maybe its a good thing your so far away.

I got alot of paint work I would like done, and between the Lightning boys in my neck of the woods you could quit your regular job and make a living just painting Lightning mods LOL

Did you say Cuda

Old 02-03-2003 | 10:09 PM
Yeah man, This car is SWEET! Original '70 SubLime 440, 6 Pac, 4 speed with 18,000 miles on the clock. Just a cosmetic resto. Had the chance to buy this car for three grand back in '83. Was in college then and broke as hell. I know the complete history of the car. Did the upholstery on the buckets with repop covers back in '88 and found the build sheet under the seat springs. The original owner was a good friend of my Dad's.

FX

Old 02-03-2003 | 10:12 PM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
UHMMMM, I could use a open top flat trailer for my truck, nothing to fancy. maybe some 18inch L wheels, chrome of course, all stainless steel consruction, diamond plate floor, clear tailights to bling bling. HAHAHAHA

Seriously thought I do need a trailor.

Old 02-03-2003 | 10:17 PM
Originally posted by FXDX
Yeah man, This car is SWEET! Original '70 SubLime 440, 6 Pac, 4 speed with 18,000 miles on the clock. Just a cosmetic resto. Had the chance to buy this car for three grand back in '83. Was in college then and broke as hell. I know the complete history of the car. Did the upholstery on the buckets with repop covers back in '88 and found the build sheet under the seat springs. The original owner was a good friend of my Dad's.

FX
Any possibility he would want to sell it to me for 3K in 2003

Quick Reply: Towing....so easy