Lightning

Wtf

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:15 PM
Got some bad news & good news

The bad news is a dealer visit looks to be in your future.

The good news is THE SOONERS ARE GONNA KICK SOME LONGHORN BUTT ON MONDAY NIGHT

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:16 PM
|
No. I had the key in my pocket. I just noticed that the odometer was a flat line so I think I may have fried the computer somehow.
Guess I will just have to buy (another) computer. This is the 3rd one. I guess I have a lot of static in my body or something. I had the battery unplugged the keys in my pocket. I unhooked the wireloom that connects to the comp. Removed the computer then took the chip out. so I dont have a clue as to what could have happend.

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:24 PM
3rd computer???

Which battery terminal did you unhook???? Both? Postive side? Negative side? Maybe you removed the battery entirely to get to the computer connector?

Also, since you've removed the connector so many times, maybe you pinched/bend a pin over?

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear about this Sooner,
And quite amazed because each and everytime I've pulled a chip,
I never disconnected the Battery
I never Reset the Computer
I never even took the Computer out of the Truck
(only the first time to clean terminals)
And I'm on my 6th program now so it's been in
and out plenty of times.
I just reach down, pop it out, and pop a new one in
Takes all of 30 seconds to do.

I do take the keys out though

There was the one night I tested my Rods after doing this.
I had "NO REV LIMITER" and "NO SHIFT POINTS"
SOB PINNED the Tach time after time and would shift somewhere waaaaay after 6000 RPM.
THOSE RODS WERE STRETCHING THAT NIGHT BABY
All I had to do, was shut the chip switch off, then back on, all wen't back to normal

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:31 PM
|
I will be on my 3rd computer. My first was jacked by a local chip tuner who dont have any buisness working with or on Lightnings. But I didnt find that out till it was to late. This time I have no clue as to what happend. Like I said I did everything to a T. Guess next time I will have the truck running and in gear then reach over and pull the chip out. maybe that will work.

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:41 PM
soonerlightning

Does the starter turn over??

Here are a few ideas to try

Hook the battery back up and then let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then see if it will start, sometimes the PATs system needs time to reset itself.

if the starter turns over but it won't start, check the fuel pump fuse.

JoeLightning
may be on to something with a bent pin in the wire harness to the computer, check that out too

Old 02-09-2003 | 01:18 PM
Lightning won't start

I had a problem similar about 2 years ago. What type of chip are you using and did you disconnect the negative battery cable before removing the chip? If you removed your chip before disconnecting the cable, you can really damage your computer or PCM. If you look at the odometer to read the actual mileage on the truck, you should see the following message (- - - - - - - -) or something similar. If you see such a message, then it's very likely your PCM is damaged. My Lightning would turnover and over, but would not start. The dealership fixed the problem and told me what was wrong. Be very careful of the brand of chips you put in your Lightnings. Some of them just have BAD programs.

I really hope this helps your problem. Be cool

Old 02-09-2003 | 01:20 PM
|
the bent pin was the first thing that i thought of so I checked that right off. I guess i will wait and see if the pats system will reset I really think something is messed up with the comp though. because the odometer is a flatline.

Quick Reply: Wtf