Lightning

Fix For Oil in Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003 | 06:28 PM
Banned
You dont think this is accelerated on a Lightning through bypassing?

Old 02-10-2003 | 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
You dont think this is accelerated on a Lightning through bypassing?
Maybe, I don't know enough to say. But I do know more 5.4 N/A engines have launched more plugs then Lightnings, but that is because there are so many more 5.4's out there.

I would like to see a percentage of Lightnigs that launched a plug and a percentage of N/A engines that launched a plug.

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:01 PM
25 bucks for a 5 dollar part? i think not....

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:02 PM
Banned
Originally posted by captainoblivious
Maybe, I don't know enough to say. But I do know more 5.4 N/A engines have launched more plugs then Lightnings, but that is because there are so many more 5.4's out there.

I would like to see a percentage of Lightnigs that launched a plug and a percentage of N/A engines that launched a plug.
I hear you, but i still feel the boost bypass mod is causing more harm then good. Ford designed this system with a boost bypass setup for a reason. Just as Paxton, Vortech and ATI all have bypass systems. It eliminates Surging for backpressure, disapates more heat and is a form of protection from over boosted your cylinders with a sudden throttle body closure.

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:05 PM
I have never launched a plug but have had 2 "loosen" and give me the exhaust leak sound. No Boost Bypass here.

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:15 PM
I'm going to give it a try looks good to go!

Suavy

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:18 PM
I would hope he meant PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) and not PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) like he put ALL OVER his auction and website.
My thought is that if you think you know what you are talking about and want people to believe you and spend 10 times what the parts are worth, you would show a little more intelligence than that and use the correct abbreviation throughout the entire site.

Last edited by whitestx; 02-10-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2003 | 07:18 PM
sooooooooo...

Originally posted by cyntaxx
There's another PCV valve that is WAY CHEAPER (6 bucks from a Ford Dealership) that is supposed to work. It's from a Mustang though....
Tell us about this please ...? what's the particulars any PN# - etc etc ...???

Old 02-10-2003 | 07:20 PM
I had -

Originally posted by whitestx
I would hope he meant PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) and not PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) like he put ALL OVER his auction.
My thought is that if you know what you are talking about and want people to spend 10 times what the parts cost, you would show a little more intelligence than that and use the correct abbreviation.
edited - not the same guy

Last edited by sonichog; 03-23-2003 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2003 | 10:25 PM
The old SC surging Theory!!!!

I hear you, but i still feel the boost bypass mod is causing more harm then good. Ford designed this system with a boost bypass setup for a reason. Just as Paxton, Vortech and ATI all have bypass systems. It eliminates Surging for backpressure, disapates more heat and is a form of protection from over boosted your cylinders with a sudden throttle body closure
I hate to break it to you guys but a pre-throttled SC does not have Boost spikes. Now if the throttle was after the blower then you would. Paxton and Vortech are in all truth a belt driven Trubo and some have a blow off valve like Vortech. This is because the blower is before the throttle when you let off the boost hits the throttle body and is deflected back and Boost suge (spike) is a result. BUT on a pre-throttled SC when you slam the throttle shut their is no back flow of boost because the inlet to the blower is shut. Now why Ford put a boost by-pass control on a Pre-throttled blower is strange.The only thing I can think of is too only allow the SC to boost 8psi like on a cold day when it could boost higher compaired to a hot day Just a little SC 101 for you guys.
Jeff T.

Old 02-10-2003 | 10:40 PM
Banned
Jeff, you can still get trapped boost inside pre-throttled blower. The difference is, the boost will attempt to go back OUT of the throttle body. Introduce our engines insane Vacuum and you have a possibility for internal injury.

Old 02-10-2003 | 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
Jeff, you can still get trapped boost inside pre-throttled blower. The difference is, the boost will attempt to go back OUT of the throttle body. Introduce our engines insane Vacuum and you have a possibility for internal injury.
Has internal injury ever happened during the last 4 years of production? I haven't heard of it happening.

Old 02-10-2003 | 11:21 PM
read my post at

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ighlight=boost

and then this guys ad at

http://lightning-enterprise.com/boost.html

Who is this guy? Does anyone have a copy of his directions? I wonder if he used my photos too?

AW

Old 02-10-2003 | 11:22 PM
Did not one of you guys that said you were getting on of them read about it and realize what it would be doing to your engine???

When the motor is under boost(accelaration) it needs a way to vent. That is the purpose of the "vents" If you install two check valves in the vents it will be like you are holding your nose and keeping your mouth closed while you try to sneeze. Anyone every experienced this??? Now imagine your poor motor building up that much pressure...

There is a better answer; keep your eyes open on other pages (nloc). It will come...

Old 02-10-2003 | 11:39 PM
Banned
Originally posted by easterisland
Has internal injury ever happened during the last 4 years of production? I haven't heard of it happening.
Please, you cant be that stupid

Quick Reply: Fix For Oil in Throttle Body