Lightning

Fix For Oil in Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003 | 01:16 AM
So the consensus is still to block off the port into the upper plenum? What should I use since I didn't order the Swanson kit with the dime-sized plate? Ball-bearing or is there something else similar I could find at a hardware store?

Thanks

Old 03-26-2003 | 10:57 AM
LOL hslightnin. Yeah, I can see that. On the street, you have to be dilagent about emptying the sump tank. Those reversed smog pumps do not like oil. If you run too much vacuum, you have also suck the crank seals inside out .

Old 03-26-2003 | 04:45 PM
I installed the DS kit yesterady- I'll clean the intake boot today (so is planned) and let you all know what happens.

p.s. - I am at the point that I'd pay someone $50 for a practical solution for this... that is what America is all about- supply and demand

john

Old 03-26-2003 | 08:07 PM
Originally posted by PWR_WHLS
I installed the DS kit yesterady- I'll clean the intake boot today (so is planned) and let you all know what happens.

p.s. - I am at the point that I'd pay someone $50 for a practical solution for this... that is what America is all about- supply and demand

john
Watch your boost gauge carefully after the DS install. See if you don't think/know it's moving quicker---and a little further into the boost.

Dan

Quick Reply: Fix For Oil in Throttle Body