Lightning

Lightning vs BMW M3

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003 | 02:28 PM
|
Lightning vs BMW M3

I guy in my town just got a new M3 and he came up to me and says....I heard your truck is pretty fast and wanted to know if I wanted to run. Just how fast are these M3's? Can I beat on in the 1/4?....Also, what about from a 40-60mph roll? All your help will be appreciated?

My Mods: JDM Stage 1: Chip, Line Mod Valve, Deep tranny Pan, Boost Bypass, Air Filter system, Also have: 4lb pulley, Accufab Throttle Body, Borla Exhaust, Nitto DR's and Truck Tracs Traction Bars

Old 02-10-2003 | 02:33 PM
M3s ARE A JOKE...fry that yuppy

Old 02-10-2003 | 02:34 PM
As long as you can put the power to the ground, you should beat him no problem....As long as he is not modded?? From a 40-60 roll, floor it and hold on, he should see nothing but the back of your truck...Have you raced your truck yet at a track?? What is your 1/4 mile time and mph??

Old 02-10-2003 | 02:53 PM
Thumbs up Take Him

You should be able to take him, but as was already stated, hooking up will be the key to beating him. Let us know how it turns out, I agree with Konig, the Yuppie needs to get a good view of your tail lights, good luck, John H.

Old 02-10-2003 | 02:53 PM
|
I have yet to go to the track yet. When I do I will let you guys know the times.

Any more L vs M3 storys, I would love to hear them! Thanks!

Old 02-10-2003 | 02:56 PM
I raced one briefly on the parkway near me, we were doing about 30-40 or so when we both got on it, and we both were neck and neck for the brief period we raced, neither person pulled on the other. My truck only had a cone filter on it.

With your mods, he won't stand a chance unless he has mods as well ...

Old 02-10-2003 | 03:07 PM
From a dead stop I'd say you'd take him easy. However, from a roll I've noticed those things pull damn hard. I drove my buddies this last weekend around town a little bit (beer run)
I love those cars, incredibley well made and have the power to boot. Watch it from a roll, that's all I'd say.

Old 02-10-2003 | 03:07 PM
Any more L vs M3 storys, I would love to hear them!
The one I saw last week out in "new tampa" was weak. I didnt really race him as much as try to make him look like a tard infront of his girl. The guy must have been about 35-40yo, little black M3 and his girlie sitting next to him... rolled up next to him (my girl in the passanger seat) gave him a little rumble at about 10 mph (in traffic) since my tips were facing him. He looked over through his tint and dropped gear and shot up about a length ahead.

I couldnt help but laugh as he almost hit the guy infront of him. You could see his girl friend/wife giving him crap for acting stupid.
Needless to say when the light went green and traffic moved out of my way I just had to leave a cloud of smoke behind for him to sit in while he thinks about how he's not getting any tonight.

Old 02-10-2003 | 03:27 PM
I have seen one clock off 13.3's with the paper tag still on it. Couldnt say if it was stock or not.

Old 02-10-2003 | 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Konig
M3s ARE A JOKE...fry that yuppy
your kidding right? Maybe from stop light to stop light.. try that from a 70mph+ roll and your gonna get left behind.

Ive raced a few of my boys in their new E46 M3's as well, and have won, but go out on a highway blast from a roll, and forget it!

Old 02-10-2003 | 03:58 PM
With your mods, the question is if he is modded or not. I've seen a new one run high 12's. Traction for you, mods for him, and his driving ability will be the tell all. Good luck

BD

Old 02-10-2003 | 04:00 PM
try that from a 70mph+ roll and your gonna get left behind.
of course we would...were dead from a 70 mph roll pretty much no matter what. Dont take offense to the yuppy comment man, I just dont have any respect for tiny little sports cars that barely fit 2 people , expensive or not...

Old 02-10-2003 | 04:05 PM
m3s are NOT a joke. are you kidding? sometimes there's more than straight line acceleration and it just so happens the m3 excels in all of them. And no i'm not talking about towing...

and i hear that SMGII is trick!!

i think this race mostly depends on driving ability.

Old 02-10-2003 | 04:06 PM
of course we would...were dead from a 70 mph roll pretty much no matter what. Dont take offense to the yuppy comment man, I just dont have any respect for tiny little sports cars that barely fit 2 people , expensive or not...
Dude, I don't know about your truck, but when I punch mine @ 70mph, I am holding on tight to 125/130...Then I start to feel the fall off....I even beat a Z06 from 65 ish to 120, then I let off because I know all the way upstairs that I would have gotten spanked...I defenitely gave him something to think about though

Old 02-10-2003 | 04:26 PM
no offence taken at all.. im just comenting from a real race situation, meaning he KNEW we were gonna race, not just pull up to a guy at a light.

as for the "little sports car barley fitting 2 people," well i think you may be mistaken.. Ive driven 4 up inside a new M3, only cause i had to at one time.. My car on the other hand has a back seat too, but know way do 4 fit without the driver being squashed.. but there is plenty of room for two adults up front.. and by no means am i a "skinny - mini!" lol

Maybe, just maybe your thinking of a Z3 or new BMW Z4?? That is only a two person car, no backseat.

Quick Reply: Lightning vs BMW M3