Lightning

Need Help Please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003 | 01:14 AM
|
Unhappy Need Help Please!!!!!!

I raced my roomate home on the freeway from work today. I was into the boost quite a bit. When I came to a stop I noticed that the truck was idling very roughly. I gave it some gas and as the rpms raised it seemed to run smoothly. Anybody got any ideas. I am seriously stuck on this one.

Old 02-11-2003 | 08:15 AM
We need more info: year and miles, mods, gas used, etc.

Just guessing: When racing(high boost--WOT), you may have blasted loose a small piece of carbon(in the combustion chamber) and it got stuck between the valve and valve seat. This happened to me at a driver's school event when tracking my 1991 Z281LE. The tech figured it out with no disassembly and just blew it out(ping, ping through the exhaust) by revving the eng.

You may have a plug misfiring due to oil-fouling or because it's working itself loose from the head thereby losing the ground circuit for the plug/coil and/or losing compression past the threads.

If you have several miles/years on it, it may be a dirty/worn IAC?

Dan

Old 02-11-2003 | 10:30 AM
|
Sorry about the lack of info. My L is a 2001 with just over 19,000 miles. I use nothing but premium in it here which is 92 octane. Oil changed every 3,000 miles. I have a JLP 2# upper, JLP ram air kit, boost bypass mod, Diablo chip, FT vavle body w/ deep pan. That is all engine wise. It is also lowered w/caltracs. Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 02-11-2003 | 10:37 AM
check the IAC