Lightning

My BRAND new L blew up!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003 | 04:29 PM
???

39 miles, and 39 posts, you averaging a post a mile

Old 02-11-2003 | 04:39 PM
O.K. hears the deal ...

I have free long distance service on my cell phone so....

" No Surprize to me BTW "

Talked to Shawn the SVT service manager at Planet Ford in Spring, TX -

After explaining everything very clearly - Shawn stated " Well that's news to me - we have'nt sold any 03 Lightnings that have had that problem - and if we did I WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT "

Shawn put me on hold and double checked with the sales manager and came back on the line and stated -" the story is NOT TRUE this didn't happen at Planet Ford " ...

Maybe you got the Dealership wrong - giving you the benefit of the doubt -

would you care to elaborate Mr. SS ...

Old 02-11-2003 | 04:49 PM
At 15,000 miles I replaced alll my plugs and two were finger tight.

Once your plugs are tightened properly she'll run fine -- I know it's hurtful for your ego but it'll all pass soon and you'll be lovin that truck.

Old 02-11-2003 | 04:50 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

...the plot thickens....

Old 02-11-2003 | 04:52 PM
No ...

I think the game is over ... Score 1 for the Lightnings 0 for the LS1 troll ...

Old 02-11-2003 | 05:16 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
Exactly! They should stick it to him real good. Maybe give him the run around on a loaner, or better yet no loaner. I mean what's the difference between 1 day old and 2.5 years old? I think we should also get rid of lemon laws. Who needs them? If you are dumb enough to purchase a Ford you should just deal with the problems.

The purpose of the post was to point out that Ford should not feel the need to rush to replace an entire vehicle due to a plug launch, no matter how many (or how few) miles the vehicle has on it. If it's under warranty, it is at Ford's discretion as to how they make the repair, as long as they make the repair.

Replacing the entire vehicle makes about as much sense as your post.

Old 02-11-2003 | 05:24 PM
Originally posted by mswaim
The purpose of the post was to point out that Ford should not feel the need to rush to replace an entire vehicle due to a plug launch, no matter how many (or how few) miles the vehicle has on it. If it's under warranty, it is at Ford's discretion as to how they make the repair, as long as they make the repair.

Replacing the entire vehicle makes about as much sense as your post.
Easter's messing with you...

and you're falling for it. Search his other posts.

Old 02-11-2003 | 05:35 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
Looks like the guy has solved the problem.

But, who's to say the truck didn't have any mods? It could of had a 6lb lower pulley and a chip. It is his word against Ford. He is lucky they resolved the problem to his satisfaction. Many others haven't had the same luck. Spark plugs have been blowing out for a long time. If you don't want a blown plug don't buy a 5.4 or 6.8 engine.
Wow, that would be pretty quick to install all that within a few hours of him buying the truck, eh? Wait, why am I even wasting my time responding to this garbage? Blech.

Old 02-11-2003 | 05:43 PM
Angry

I'm waiting to see the B.S. flag!!!!!--Jim

Old 02-11-2003 | 06:00 PM
I am not looking to flame any Ford product, nor am I looking to support Ford in some of it's decisions on how to eliminate problems with the L (i.e just put some better rods in the SOB and solve 1 of the main issues people are having!)

I sold my '01 with only a little over 18K miles. This is after it blew 3 rods out the bottom of the motor at 14K miles that Ford replaced under warranty with no issues. They sent three different inspectors out to find out if I had done anything to the motor. They even took pictures of the tires, ECM, etc. Then, when I got it back, it had a few squeaks and rattles, that I took it back for. I thought these were minor things like loose exhaust hangers or bad bearings in some of the pulleys on the front of the engine After a new supercharger ,new idler pulley, belt, and all new rear-end gears, I thought it was time to get rid of the gremlins!.

I really enjoyed the L and really enjoyed this forum, however, I have moved on to a F250 with the 7.3L diesel. It is a used one, but I got a great deal on it.

Good bye to all of you great people on this forum and thanks for all your help along the way.

Old 02-11-2003 | 06:58 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
The service you get is all in the dealer!!

When I had my first 02 True Blue it had 2500 km's on it and it developed a hell of a knock. babyed it up to the dealer and I got it back in 5 weeks. this is in April of 02. Meanwhile, They gave me the owners Limited Explorer to drive he called a week later because they had a deal on it , it sold so I got the owners Mint green T- Bird drove it for a week and they called and sold it to. Got the V/P' s Harley Supercrew for 5 days before he called and was going to the Lake for the weekend and needed it to pull the boat. Fine, drove the sales managers F-350 Lariat Crew Cab for the duration.
If you want superior service and nice people go to Freedom Ford in Edmonton, Alberta or Metro Ford in Calgary, Alberta they are awsome dealers and treat there customers with dignaty and respect I have bought 6 Trucks from Freedom Ford in less than a year maybe that had something to do with it. When the Lightning got wrecked Freedoms Owner, Vice President, General sales manager and the salesman who usually mediates our dealings came to see me at my worst (in the hospital). Staff from Metro Ford in Calgary did the same thing.
Find a good dealer and stick with them they are not all out there to get you, Some are.

Pat/ sonicbluelightning

Old 02-11-2003 | 10:51 PM
Thumbs down

Did I ever say I hate liars>???

Old 02-11-2003 | 11:02 PM
AS soon as I read the post I wanted to do this.... It was easy to tell.....

sonichog You get plenty...... good work!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2003 | 11:04 PM
This was a direct attempt to make L's look bad on here. I would say to ban the party that made up such a bogus BS lie.

Old 02-11-2003 | 11:15 PM
this is getting weird. im gonna sit back and a big one

Quick Reply: My BRAND new L blew up!!!!!!