Lightning

***Anyone who has launched a plug, or knows someone......check this out!!!!****

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003 | 01:20 PM
|
loctite

and if you use loctite on a sparkplug, it will be a complete waste of time and money because most loctite that anyone can get their hands on at a local auto store and such will not hold up under the heat by no means.

Old 03-05-2003 | 09:08 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
tallimeca,

What you have to do is start a list very similar to the one myself and others started with the intercooler stuff. Even though it happens, I don't think its prominent enough to see a similar response from Ford as we did with the intercooler. Its even harder being that they quit making the 4-thread heads and the older Lightnings are most likely out of warranty.

You have to remember, these trucks (just like every other car/product) are designed to last until the warranty expires, or around 100,000. If they made a bullet proof truck, then we wouldn't have to buy a new one.

If I blow one, we'll see what happens.

Old 03-06-2003 | 05:25 PM
Count me...

Its been a while since I've been on this site, but I know someone who had a spark plug blow twice. First at ~ 30k miles, and they replaced the pass-side cylinder head; Second at ~70k miles, and they replaced the whole motor. He also had his intercooler replaced twice under warranty, and a bunch of other stuff.

GK

Old 03-08-2003 | 03:05 PM
Broken link

The NHTSA link on the first page of this thread seems to be broken. I've tried the original link and doug's updated link. Any ideas how to access this page?

Old 03-08-2003 | 03:53 PM
Still havent figured out how to get to a working complaint form on the internet, but you can also do it by phone:

1-888-DASH-2-DOT.

Probably wouldnt hurt to add your name to this list as well if you've blown a plug:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=5

Old 03-09-2003 | 08:36 PM
Re: Broken link

Originally posted by Nathan
The NHTSA link on the first page of this thread seems to be broken. I've tried the original link and doug's updated link. Any ideas how to access this page?
Nathan,

I didnt actually try to fill out the form but the link I posted did bring you to a page with online complaint forms

Doug

Quick Reply: ***Anyone who has launched a plug, or knows someone......check this out!!!!****