Lightning

Dyno Results -- Thanks Sal !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003 | 07:06 PM
|
Whew, finally got home ...

Old 02-13-2003 | 07:23 PM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
you need a goat, gator looks like kenny rogers with that beard! HAHAHHAHA.
LOL

You wouldn't confuse us if you see our bank accounts

Old 02-13-2003 | 09:19 PM
|
Actually, years ago I did some computer work for
Kenny Rodgers Racing down in Nashville ... Quite
nice facility and GREAT cars ....

Old 02-13-2003 | 10:14 PM
Hey KY, quick question for ya, I've talked to you before about your Roush drop....

Noticed in your stickers you say Roush drop with a 2/3 Could you elaborate on that for me? I've seen a recent pic of your truck and I like the way it sits and before I slap this kit on need to know if I need to buy something else or if it's not going to be the drop I want. I want her pretty low. Let me know what all you did to yours pls

If you want you can email me

stang5225@msn.com

Thanks bro

Jack

Old 02-13-2003 | 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Zman
Hey KY, quick question for ya, I've talked to you before about your Roush drop....

Noticed in your stickers you say Roush drop with a 2/3 Could you elaborate on that for me? I've seen a recent pic of your truck and I like the way it sits and before I slap this kit on need to know if I need to buy something else or if it's not going to be the drop I want. I want her pretty low. Let me know what all you did to yours pls

If you want you can email me

stang5225@msn.com

Thanks bro

ck
He now has the kit on by itself, no extra things. At one point he had the 2" lowering shackles on in the rear but it would bottom out frequently.

Mine with the roush kit on and nothing else was about a 2.5, 3.5 inch drop. Looks very very nice and is functional as well!

Brandon

Old 02-13-2003 | 10:35 PM
Originally posted by soap
First off.........nothing against Sal or PSP or his tuning ability etc etc etc......am I the only one who thinks his numbers should be higher for those mods above

--Joe
I'm with you Joe. Could it be the Aussie Dyno? I compared his mods to mine and he actually has more than me (by a TB) but he made a bit less power....

my mods are in the sig...and the pulls were made on a DynoJet with 11.5-11.7 AF and on my street side/91 oct.

Old 02-13-2003 | 11:04 PM
Nice numbers Cliff. Sounds like you're happier with the way your truck is running. My 4lb pulley, PSP chip, NGK TR6's and FTVB will get installed this weekend. By mid next week I will be back at the Dyno-Comp dyno. Hoping to improve on the 342 rwhp I dynoed stock a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to help a friend do a heads and cam install on his 99 Camaro SS in a couple of weeks. He's going to have it dyno tuned at a shop that uses a Dyno-Jet. At that time I'll probably run mine also to compare the two dynos. Wish I could've gotten to the track to get a baseline 1/4 run before the mods. Oh well.
Jeff

Old 02-14-2003 | 03:21 PM
|
Well, my joy is over tyhe 20 HP increase for sure.

Still debating the diff between the two types of dynos.

The Dyno Dynamics is 10 minutes from the house, and the
nearest DynoJet is in Luavul ... <grin>

Zman ... On the drop ... Brandon's figures are for the stock
shackles, and I have my 2" drops on with the bolt in
the 1" hole ...

What I can't wait for is to get ahold of some race gas and try the
RACE program ... should net a few more horsey's ... and THIS
time I am gonna take a camcorder ... That BASSANI is wicked
on the dyno ...

Old 02-14-2003 | 05:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about the numbers unless a similar L made a lot more HP on the same dyno. Keep using the same dyno and look for continued improvements.

Old 02-14-2003 | 05:41 PM
Thanks a ton guys !

Jack

Old 02-14-2003 | 06:52 PM
Yah if you stick with the same dyno to track your improvements I wouldn't see that big of a deal. But for me, i would rather do the extra drive for a dynojet from a reputable place so i can make sure the same pulley that person A got as me netted me the same hp, etc etc.

of course track #s are where it's at and what counts more...but dynos are more controlled and consistent. i'll be doing both this coming season just to be sure

Old 02-14-2003 | 07:40 PM
As long as your happy, thats all that matters. Every truck is different and responds to mods differently. My truck falls off in power bad above 5500. So I had Sal program my shifts at 5200, I figured why wind the motor when there was nothing there

And If you think that the Bassani rocks on the dyno, which it DOES

you shpould hear the Long Tubes, hi-flow cats barking thru the Bassani at WOT. I got a woody just thinking about it!

Old 02-15-2003 | 10:32 AM
Cliff,
Soon it will be racing season again. I'll see you at the track, then you'll know exactly how well your truck runs. I'll be running 93 Octane gas though, and still need to get some slicks or something. I can smoke them to 60 from a 30MPH roll. It'll be fun.

Louisville is the place for a Dyno run. I know the operator from the SVTOA club. Give Sal your AF #'s. He'll tweek your setup to the chip. Then I won't stand a chance at the track.

Old 02-19-2003 | 07:10 PM
Nice numbers Cliff! The guys at Fast Enough told me to multiply my numbers by 13 to 15% to get numbers comparible to a Dynojet. Should put you around 430 at the rear wheels.
Now bring that sucker to Clay City in a month or so and join the club.

Old 02-20-2003 | 07:25 AM
|
He!! Yeah !!!

Jon, I can't wait ...

Hey I go to San Diego for a few days, and the city
is destroyed? What's with that? The house that
burned down Monday moening was my neigbor ...
Sheat!!!!

BTW Chris at Fast Enough didn't say what your numbers
were.... Care to Share?

Quick Reply: Dyno Results -- Thanks Sal !!!