Lightning

People who bought cobra R got porked

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003 | 02:18 PM
Red face If the '00 R owners

are being left behind (straight line) performance wise by an 03 Cobra, just think how you will feel if a 05 GT runs away from a 03 Cobra....

Old 02-15-2003 | 03:06 PM
This thread is completely worthless....

except it does bring up an interesting point that many on this board seem to forget: straight-line performance isn't everything.

A few days ago, people ripped on a kid about getting a Ferrari over an L. Sure there was implicit jealousy involved...I was envious myself....

Now we're trying to compare a limited edition Cobra R to an 03 Cobra???

I just hope no one on this site trades in their Lightning for a Yenko Camaro or a Shelby Cobra....since I'm sure they would start getting flamed by others saying "yea but you can't make home depot runs with a Shelby Cobra!" or "Slap on a KB or Works for less on an L and you can kiss the Yenko bye-bye."

Old 02-15-2003 | 03:16 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
...except it does bring up an interesting point that many on this board seem to forget: straight-line performance isn't everything.
On this board, straight-line performance isn't everything, it's the only thing.

And as the Seinfeld show repeatedly said "it's not as if there's anything wrong with that."

Old 02-15-2003 | 04:35 PM
|
My BAD,

I never really looked at it that way.Many of you have valid points

I guess i should have said,"For a person who likes to drive (on the street)with power and comfort and not care too much about resale value 50 years from now or is not a SCCA racer,The cobra is a much better bang for the buck than the cobra R which not too many people paid sticker,most paid 10k over.........

Not to discredit any of the old muscle cars or collectables,In these times,I would choose to buy what i enjoy to drive and try and keep it as mint as possible.Times have changed.4000 is harldly as rare as some of those copo camaros and shelbys which were merely made in the hundreds over many year spans and Nobody really knew they were going to be valuble later.Most people just enjoyed them.I dont plan on ever having enough money to use vehicles as a investment.In would not take anybody that special to take their Lightning put it into a garage and suffer in a bomber car to drive.Id rather invest in a house and enjoy mile after mile in my Lightning

i know R mustangs are only made for like 300

Old 02-15-2003 | 04:58 PM
I wish Ford would make 20,000 L's a year. I don't care that my '02 is one of 4720. I do care that aftermarket parts would be cheaper if more L's existed. There would also be more parts to choose from. Anything sold as a limited edition is overpriced. If Ford made more L's, the sticker price would be less also.

Old 02-15-2003 | 05:07 PM
i think its kinda comparing apples and oranges, different car all together in my opinion (other than body style), but they are both sweet as hell!!

Old 02-15-2003 | 05:57 PM
Are you F'in Kidding me.

The Cobra R spanks the 03 cobra BY A MILE .It is not even close.

My fiance is getting a 03 Cobra and if I had anything to say about it it would have been the R .

SVT went through that car and Beefed up the whole suspension and made a true racer.

Everybody knows I am a straight line guy but come on ,do you imagine cruising in the R and hitting a corner at 40-50 M.P.H. SWEEETTT!!!!!

VINNIE

Old 02-15-2003 | 06:20 PM
Speaking as a performace enthusiast, I have seen a couple 03 cobras up close, and while they are nice looking cars they do not compare in the sheer appearance of the Cobra R.
I saw my first 2000 Cobra R at the Javis Center in NYC and it was awesome. I love the looks and front spoiler of that car.
I did not like the 00 logo (doors) though.

Old 02-15-2003 | 06:26 PM
ROFL. Spoken by the King of the Quarter Milers.

Old 02-16-2003 | 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Spike Engineering

So when the next Lightning vs. GMC Syclone thread comes up nobody will say "B-B-But the Lightning can haul more and the Sy can't tow a trailer"? Yeah right.

Old 02-16-2003 | 03:12 AM

Some one say 2000 Cobra R? Hmmmmmm

Old 02-16-2003 | 03:15 AM
have a couple words.

03 Saleen

Old 02-16-2003 | 10:04 AM
Originally posted by cyntaxx

I just hope no one on this site trades in their Lightning for a Yenko Camaro or a Shelby Cobra....since I'm sure they would start getting flamed by others saying "yea but you can't make home depot runs with a Shelby Cobra!"
Iam guessing you live in an apartment or brand new house, because after you buy an old shack like I bought, Home Depot becomes as important as Johnny Lightning, JDM, PSP, REM in buying "parts"

Old 02-16-2003 | 11:51 AM
Originally posted by TorontoF150
The Cobra R is a collectible car, just like a Ferrari 250 GTO or a Lambo Miura. Both cars are not screamers, but they are worth millions because of their namesake.
In twenty years, a Cobra R will be the envy of many car collectors.
WOOOOOOOOO, hold on here. The Cobra R is nice, but lets not compare it to a 250 GTO. Use a '65 Pontiac GTO instead.

Old 02-16-2003 | 05:15 PM
hey i got some good info for you guys about the cobra r, there is a guy that has one over at stangnet.com and about 6 months ago he posted some pics of his "Vortech" SuperCharger that he installed on it, 8 PSI or 10 PSI i think, and im not sure but i remember him going straight to the dyno, i think his results were like over 500HP to the rear wheels

take that and think of it in a mustang, w/ no A/C, radio, (being lightweight and all)

so there has been a guy that has S/C'd his cobra r.

and to him

Quick Reply: People who bought cobra R got porked