Lightning

Installed the New Style PCV Today. No more oil will go in the T/B

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003 | 01:05 AM
Take the PCV completely out and plug the hole and you would do the same thing I have with a positive PCV check valve except you would not have anyway to vent the crankcase pressure built during normal driving.

The key word in all of this is "reversed flow", all I'm doing is closing the door on the PCV airflow circuit to stop the reverse flowing of air. Doesn't it make good sense that if you have a lower pressure on the drivers side tube going to the air boot than you will have reverse airflow if your PCV valve is not the positive shut off type.

This should not to be mistaken for an oil removal device this is only for those that are getting oil in the air intake boot and sprayed all over their throttle body. I really cannot see any relation to the use of an oil separator to keep oil out of the intake boot and off the throttle body.

Please if you would so kindly tell me how using an oil separator will keep oil out of the intake boot and off the throttle body area.

Are you going to use two oil seperators one on each side of the engine bay?

Boy that ought to look great!!!

Kind of like driving a "Commercial Air Compressor" instead of a Lightning truck.

Did I mention that I run 7 quarts of oil in my "L" for a little added insurance and still have had vertually No oil in my intake boot or sprayed all over my throttle body since I started running this set-up hundreds of miles ago. I get No cold start-up smoke either, but I did wash out all of my PCV circuit lines and fittings initially, the throttle body and boot also.

I want to thank my super tuner Ivan (usahooters) for supplying me with most of the initial thoughts that went into this idea and for his support, knowledge and expertise during the initial phase.

Last edited by talan66; 02-18-2003 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-20-2003 | 09:02 PM
Ok i have read the post but am still lost. Would you guys say the thing is a good mod or not. Also would you guys get a breather also or not.

Thanks
Jace

Quick Reply: Installed the New Style PCV Today. No more oil will go in the T/B