Lightning

Hey Soap!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003 | 08:24 PM
|
Question Hey Soap!!

You posted a pic of the adapter 3280 earlier. In the pic, there were two adapters, I only got one today. The shorter one. Now, that's all the instructions called for, actually they called for 3275, but calling Autometer, the tech said 3280. Anyway, I looked at the fittings, and it doesn't look like it's going to work. Unless, maybe the fitting on the valve of the truck comes off. Can you say whether I need both adapters or not? Thanks.

And BTW, all you fellas have been really helpful to me. I should have taken mechanics 101, but always thought I was too pretty to be greasy. I'm learning though

Old 02-15-2003 | 08:51 PM
Ya the shorter one on the right hand side of the pic is the one you should have gotten. Sorry on their website it had them numbers under the pic but that must have been another JPEG.

You only need 1 adaptor (#3280). Unscrew the black cover on the schrader valve (passenger side). Screw one end of the sending unit into the big end of the adaptor and screw the small end of the adaptor into the schrader valve.

Good luck.

--Joe

Last edited by soap; 02-16-2003 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2003 | 09:37 PM
Yep. Like Joe said, you only need the 3280. BTW, just did a elec. f/p guage install myself today. Did you get a black box of some sort with your guage. Good luck with your install.

Brent

Quick Reply: Hey Soap!!