Lightning

Question for Sal (Lightingtuner)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003 | 12:37 PM
|
Question for Sal (Lightingtuner)

I posted this over at your site. I have a 2002 HD and here is a clip of the noise she makes on acceleration. Any ideas for me?

Im local from Long Island.

teknics@optonline.net or teknics41 on aim

http://www.tek-nics.com/videos/enginenoise.mpg

-TeK

Old 02-16-2003 | 12:49 PM
Hmm, it took me a few listens to pick up on it, but I assume you are talking about the fluttering sound? If so, it sounds to me like an exhaust leak.

Old 02-16-2003 | 01:01 PM
Could that be a loose plug making that fluttering noise?

Old 02-16-2003 | 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Could that be a loose plug making that fluttering noise?
That's a great point Bruce! Tek, I would NOT drive the truck until you check to make sure all the plugs are tight.

Old 02-16-2003 | 01:48 PM
|
Sal, ive been to 2 dealers. No exhaust leak, and ive been driving the truck for 5k miles with the noise and one hasnt shot out at yet.

But yes, the fluttering is what im talking about.

I gotta get to the dealer, but we have been getting too much snow. And ive been working late the past few weeks.

Thanks for the quick replies

-TeK

Old 02-16-2003 | 08:35 PM
My 2000 made thaqt noise, took me months to get it tracked down, on mine it was the super charger idler pulley. See if that helps,

G

Old 02-16-2003 | 09:06 PM
Where'd you have that mic, inside the engine compartment???
Dam that S/C got a nice Whine

That is indeed a strange sound, recently one of our brothers took out a plug to find it had been clearly passing cylinder pressure buy it for quite some time, unfortunatly even know he caught it, his motor blew shortly thereafter (don't know if it was related). Another words the plug seemed to be tight, BUT WAS NOT SEATED CORRECTLY. This goes right along with Fords new recommendations to screw the plugs in and out 3 times by hand before torquing them down(during a plug change) to make sure THEY ARE SEATED AND TRULY BOTTOMED OUT.

This would also explain why two people in the last two weeks had plugs spit while leaving a dealership. One was a Brand New 03 who made it 39 miles before a spit plug, the other was 40k and out of wrrnty, he just paid ford to NOT TIGHTEN his plugs.
They will hopefully now pay for their screw up, and fix his "out of wrrnty L" for free. Another words obviously, the plugs were not put in correctly, from the factory, and from the dealership.

"""CHECK YOUR PLUGS"""
It sucks, but you got nothing to loose, and everything to gain

Old 02-16-2003 | 10:46 PM
|
Thanks rob. Where did you get your truck? Mccarville? Im gonna start goin to an svt dealership because everyone else doesnt know jack. Its either sayville or franklin square for me thats the closest svt.

Shoot me an email when the weather breaks, Myself and some other guys from ftw chill at hooters often.....you should come down.

Thanks again.

-TeK

Old 02-16-2003 | 10:50 PM
Tek, do NOT go to Sayville or McCarville for service work. Those guys couldn't fix a sandwhich. If you need dealer service work, bring your truck to Patchogue Ford and ask for John Burgess to work on it. Tell him Sal from PSP sent you.

Old 02-16-2003 | 10:50 PM
Sounds almost like a miss.

Old 02-16-2003 | 11:03 PM
|
Patchouge I can do, I work long hours and its hard to get anywhere thats not local.

Thanks for all your help Sal, I am just about ready for some densos and other goodies so when the time is right, at least there is a well known tuner like yourself around that knows the trucks.

I might bite the bullet and take it back to syosset only because its close to my office, and I can get a ride. I have a family friend there.....just gotta get on my cousins case to get on the guy he knows.

-TeK

Old 02-16-2003 | 11:03 PM
Sal couldn't be more right! The mechanics at McCarville are clueless. I bought my truck there

Old 02-17-2003 | 01:21 AM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Tek, do NOT go to Sayville or McCarville for service work. Those guys couldn't fix a sandwhich. If you need dealer service work, bring your truck to Patchogue Ford and ask for John Burgess to work on it. Tell him Sal from PSP sent you.
Sal's Right,
I bought my Cobra from McCarville and went back to buy the Lightning but ran out of there when I saw their new SVT expert, the little Bastard didn't know a ****ing thing about SVT's. As for Sayville, I only used them to get mine driven down from an out of State Dealer. We hired a retired Cop to drive it down with his wife, I picked it up while the Motor was still warm , AND NEVER WENT BACK.

Go where Sal say's, you'll get to drive right by mine on RT 112 in Blackman's Parking Lot, may be a Silver one there too.
AND YES I'LL MEET AT HOOTERS, I LOVE HOOTERS

Old 02-17-2003 | 01:24 AM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Those guys couldn't fix a sandwhich..
Im sorry im gonna steal that line and use it for something. Thats too funny.

Old 02-17-2003 | 12:31 PM
|
LOL couldnt fix a sandwhich. OK OK ill listen and go to patchouge, I go to blackman alot......so I know where it is.

Thanks guys.

Just shoot me an email, well get a hooters thing goin on.

-TeK

Quick Reply: Question for Sal (Lightingtuner)