Lightning

I should just stop driving my truck the rest of the week.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003 | 10:10 PM
|
Unhappy I should just stop driving my truck the rest of the week.

So a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a couple of oil spots on my garage floor. Yesterday, I changed the oil and found that I've got the damned passenger head gasket leak. OK, I can deal with it. I don't mind having the dealership do this major surgery on my baby. But today, on my way home from work, I'm taking off from a stop sign when BAM. All of a sudden all of this "smoke" comes pouring out from under my hood and from behind my cab window. I dash for the O'reilly's Auto parts and prepare myself to see what lies under the hood. I pop it open, and there's coolant everywhere. I go in and buy a flashlight. I finally find that one of the heater hoses has ruptured near the clamp. Unfortunately, O'reilly doesn't carry it; and neither did any other auto parts store that was open at 7pm. Damn Ford for these goofy clip-in connector hoses. Determined to drive my truck away, I went in and bought a pair of Vice-Grips, a box cutter, and 2 gallons of antifreeze. I pulled off the clamped end of the hose and cut the ruptured part off. I then re-attached the shortened hose and refilled the coolant. I was on my way. So that's 2 problems in 2 days. What will tomorrow bring?

Old 02-17-2003 | 10:13 PM
Vinne would First, flip you off.
second he would say, tomarrow will bring some bling bling.

hes poetic that way

Quick Reply: I should just stop driving my truck the rest of the week.