Lightning

sniff, sniff... I think I smell b.s.!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003 | 04:21 PM
Re: sniff, sniff... I think I smell b.s.!

Originally posted by jeffsavage
I found this today on ebay, never have seen these for sale. Has ANYONE ever had one of these go bad, that this would be useful?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6770

ouch.

Old 02-19-2003 | 04:22 PM
Re: Re: sniff, sniff... I think I smell b.s.!

Originally posted by TZRLightning01
ouch.

Old 02-19-2003 | 04:31 PM
oh my that was a seriuosly badass reply. Owned is right. You are DISQUALIFIED!

Old 02-19-2003 | 04:39 PM
you know what? now I think I'm going to buy those pulleys! my truck has almost 27k miles and I'm sick of hearing whine other than the blower coming from under the hood. thanks to jeffsavage for bringing them to my attention

Old 02-19-2003 | 04:48 PM
all i can say is you the man talon6, i'm always going to ebay to see what you have for sale.

Old 02-19-2003 | 04:54 PM
Question

I wonder if the "whistle" i got at around 2100-2400rpms could be a pulley...

anyone been able to get a sound-clip of what it sounds like when one of these goes south?

~VyPeR

Old 02-19-2003 | 05:03 PM
retraction

Last edited by sonichog; 02-19-2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2003 | 06:07 PM
|
Originally posted by talan66
Chime in might be an understatement…right now.

First of all I would like to thank those of you that have defended me for my reputation seems to be in question by those who do not know me nor have they ever purchased any of my products.

I want to clearly state that this isn’t a ploy by which to sell, promote, advertise or link to any item that I may have for sale.

I am responding to this post and following threads only to uphold and defend myself and to “Set the record straight”.

sniff, sniff... I think I smell b.s.!

I found this today on ebay, never have seen these for sale. Has ANYONE ever had one of these go bad, that this would be useful?

I refuse to comment with any slanderous remarks to the above post’s title as it would be childish to come back with a comment such as; “Gee is that your’ underarm you are smelling?” but the thought did occur.
a thankless job.
I think a little calming down is in order. The first thing when I saw this auction, was "Hmm... I read the Lightning board multiple times a day since last July, and I have NEVER seen a post about idler pulleys going bad". I also am a ebay junky and never have seen anyone selling idler pulleys for Lightnings. The combination of the 2 set off my b.s. radar. That is why I posted this here, to get people's thoughts and try and be helpful. The subject line was me TRYING TO BE FUNNY. In the post I was asking honest questions. If you think my post was slanderous then you need to lighten up. I can't beleive I catch this much crap for trying to help out the L community by pointing out a new item for our trucks and asking if they would be useful? There is a ton of ripoffs on the Internet and erroneous information on boards. So chill out, I was not trying to smear your reputation or anything.

Old 02-19-2003 | 07:01 PM
Originally posted by VyPeR
I wonder if the "whistle" i got at around 2100-2400rpms could be a pulley...

anyone been able to get a sound-clip of what it sounds like when one of these goes south?

~VyPeR
I have noticed that mine whistles when I first start it in cold weather. After it warms up it goes away.

Old 02-19-2003 | 07:13 PM
So chill out, I was not trying to smear your reputation or anything.

Jeffsavage,

Maybe a little better diplomacy would have been a better aproach and not the "sniff sniff... I think I smell BS". You could have used the aproach "does anybody know anything about these pulleys? Has anybody had a pulley go bad?" Not thta I'm perfect, as I have had my share of altercations, but it's the wording used that will usually get a person in trouble. Maybe an apology for the misunderstanding would have been more appropriate than firing back with the above statement.

Old 02-19-2003 | 07:35 PM
I will not lie. I also thought it seemed odd, those and the polished rearend covers. Not that its personal but people sell some of the biggest rip offs on Ebay like the $.99 timing adjuster with $5 shipping. That being said the daescription of the process here on the boad should be yused in the Ebay adds it seems more credile.

Old 02-19-2003 | 07:41 PM
|
Originally posted by Navi Man
So chill out, I was not trying to smear your reputation or anything.

Jeffsavage,

Maybe a little better diplomacy would have been a better aproach and not the "sniff sniff... I think I smell BS". You could have used the aproach "does anybody know anything about these pulleys? Has anybody had a pulley go bad?" Not thta I'm perfect, as I have had my share of altercations, but it's the wording used that will usually get a person in trouble. Maybe an apology for the misunderstanding would have been more appropriate than firing back with the above statement.
Yeah, in retrospect that was a poor choice of words. On the 'Net it's hard to get to know someone, so all of you here don't know that is just my sense of humor, I am sarcastic. Plus I am having a totally crappy week so my mood is not so happy.

Old 02-19-2003 | 08:11 PM
Originally posted by jeffsavage
Yeah, in retrospect that was a poor choice of words. On the 'Net it's hard to get to know someone, so all of you here don't know that is just my sense of humor, I am sarcastic. Plus I am having a totally crappy week so my mood is not so happy.
Hey, no problem. We've all been there. If we can't learn from our mistakes, then their isn't much to learn.

Old 02-19-2003 | 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
he's also a member here, he'll chime in.
I'll tell you one thing, I ordered my PCV set up,
and got it THE NEXT DAY.
Looks good, and so far it's working.
We do have a problem with the stock idler pulleys,
maybe these are better ???

OK MYSTERY VENDOR, DO I GET A FREE SET NOW TO TRY

Originally posted by talan66
Chime in might be an understatement…right now.
You da Man Talan, I knew it was the real deal
Does that mean I get a free set for defending you first

Old 02-19-2003 | 08:42 PM
How freely should the idler pulleys turn? Mine feel like there is a good bit of resistance in them but I have nothing to compare it to.

Quick Reply: sniff, sniff... I think I smell b.s.!