Lightning

to reburn or not to reburn

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003 | 05:44 PM
|
to reburn or not to reburn

Running an 01 L with glasspacks,honed and polished TB and upper plenum, airforce one filter, and a superchip with their off the shelf program(R9N5 I think). If I add a 2 lb. upper pulley, do I need a reburn on my chip. I called the guy I got the chip from and he said I need to get a dyno run and see what the A/F is. Also do I need a smaller belt or would the tensioner take up the slack? I have'nt installed the chip yet, and my tips seem to be pretty black all the time.

Old 02-20-2003 | 05:49 PM
Banned
Belt should be fine with 2lb pulley........dyno with A/F is your best tool for determining if you need a reburn or not. If you don't have the chip in, i would get it in there and get the dyno done and see how it looks, use that to determine if you need a reburn. All the other mods shouldn't matter to the chip. And even if the A/F's are good I bet one of the tuners can give you a better program than the superchips one. Good luck

Old 02-20-2003 | 06:10 PM
i had a off the shelf superchip program on my harley, and i added the 2# pulley to mine. at first the truck ran good, but after a month or so my truck started to detonate badly!!! so i am in the midst of doing a reburn on the chip to fatten it up a little.

Quick Reply: to reburn or not to reburn