Lightning

This board has become a joke

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003 | 08:18 PM
It's ...

Fun, joshing, testing, kidding, joking, teasing, stupid bull***** - I like playing - push a few buttons, sit back and take a ride ...

not serious - just Romper Room antic's is all - nobody gets hurt 'I hope' ... Don't ever take any of my posts SERIOUS ...

I had to be way to serious when I worked for a living - now that I am retired - everything will be as nonsensical as possible...

Old 02-21-2003 | 08:18 PM
I have to agree. Seems like now anything from a Honda accord to long tube headers to fake dyno charts starts a huge war.

The vendor's bashing each other has to stop. JL has really stepped up in his PSP and REM bashing lately.

We all know how Jim behaves

Have a nice day

EDIT: I forgot to add "driveshaft loop wars." How immature can some of us be.

Last edited by MISTERgadget; 02-21-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2003 | 08:40 PM
Ya I have been here a lot longer than Dec 2001.. I was just a reader because I only had my 93. I remember the days,,, Pre Pulley ... No one had lower pulleys only upper and they were hard to remove so the tuners started have larger small ones fabricated.. The board was much nicer then.. Sometimes its seam like its a playground for kids and now the teachers are fighting...
Sad............

PEaCE.....................

Old 02-21-2003 | 08:46 PM
Hang in there Spike... we can't afford to lose another one...

Old 02-21-2003 | 08:55 PM
I wasn't hear for the good old days I always hear about

But there is still good info here. Ya I B/S, I have fun, and I joke BUT YOU NEVER HEARD ME BASH and never will.
Unfortunatly there is waaaaaaaaay to much tuner bashing B/S, even the tuners bashing each other. Your all right on how even a simple stupid piece of metal (D/S Loop) can start a war these days, THAT JUST STUPID, IT'S A DAM PIECE OF METAL we will hopefully never use.

I'll answer and help ANYONE, "and I always do", you know me, I'll take the cab off my truck to show one of you a Vacum Hose. Schitt last week I shovel'd snow for hours and hours and then went out there in a frigging Blizzard to check the new PCV System I have to answer a post.

I just wish there was more info and less B/S and Bashing

Anyone wanna see that Vac Hose again

Old 02-21-2003 | 08:57 PM
Originally posted by MRBBQMAN
Spike, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. this place has changed a lot, for those that remember how we used to treat each other around here. i don't post much anymore either, and my 03 with it's fabulous 8to10 threaded heads, don't do much for me either. it's 70 degrees, i bought it 2-3 months ago, and it has 200 miles on it, or something
I haven't been on here that long...but I have noticed a large decline in less than the year I've been here.

--wes

Old 02-21-2003 | 09:30 PM
thanks Rob, I could never see that picture too many times!

You're the man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2003 | 09:42 PM
Rob your kool man .. nothing wrong with good fun .. makes it much more interesting to be here.. I also am not a basher nor do I intend to be .. I try to help people also with the limited knowledge that I have...

PEacE....................

Old 02-21-2003 | 09:52 PM
Re: This board has become a joke

Originally posted by Spike Engineering
This board has become a joke. If I explained why, it would probably turn into another childish war because there are too many that think they know what is going on. The only item I will comment on is that there is one tuner who's first post is frequently a unwarranted slam against another tuner. Explain that one if you can.

Here's a bit of advise for my last post:

It's more important listening what others have to say than it is to hear your own voice.

And remember, it's just a stupid truck.

Spike
I decided two days ago that I would not post here anymore, and rather than say why, I thought I would go away quietly. But sense I'm not alone, I'm going to tell you why. This forum isn't a place for Lightning enthusiasts to discuss a their hobby, this is nothning but a bunch of childish bull****. If someone asks a question, and he's not in the "click", then he is blasted with sarcasm and treated like a "Redheaded Step Child" I don't need it, nor want to be a part of it. So long!

Old 02-21-2003 | 10:01 PM
I am pretty much a reader, and quite frankly, I don't read the tuner war stuff to much, so I don't even know what the battles and slights are all about.I don't know what this about either. I just happened to see a post by spike and I always like to read his posts because he seems to have some pretty good knowledge and logical solutions to the problem at hand. So, Spike keep on keepin' on

Old 02-21-2003 | 10:12 PM
Yea, you are right Spike. I have a 99 and have been here a long time. It was a rare moment for all of us then, everyone help and respected each other. All Things change and the new guys are different. I don't post much any more either, as there are tons of people that know it all.

Time to hunt another experience and group to share it with.
Alvin

Remember when our friend named me Hotdog, god knows how that would go down now.

Old 02-21-2003 | 10:28 PM
I love everyone!!!

Old 02-21-2003 | 10:31 PM
Things change when money gets involved. And the Lightning community is growing larger and larger (well, the Gen2 community is, at least ), which means more and more vendors, and more chances to make money.

I agree that cliques have formed, that always happens in large groups. Unfortunately for the Gen2 community, these cliques mostly form around vendor association, and to a lesser extent, regional boundaries. And rarely have I ever seen a bunch of people that own an expensive piece of metal spend days going on about how their truck is faster, looks better, and deserves more appreciation than another owners'. And suddenly any opinion that doesn't match yours must be attacking you in some way. If your truck doesn't go as fast as my truck, then your opinion doesn't matter. If you can't run at least 11s, then you don't deserve to post. If you haven't been registered here for at least xxx months, or have xxx posts, then you must be a troll.

I don't think it's a problem with F150o, it's just that these type of people frequent this board more often. It has turned into a chat room in many ways. Way too many off-topic posts, by people who've been here for long enough to know better. Way too many one-liner posts that do nothing but stir the pot, and way too much post whoring It's a site I take in moderation, as well as a few others. Check about once a week, maybe open up 3-4 threads, get sickened and vow never to come back... until a week goes by.

Old 02-21-2003 | 10:44 PM
I've been through 2 different trucks and on this board the whole time. Things have definately changed, but there is still a massive amount of info and some really great people left, which outways the bad IMO.

Old 02-21-2003 | 10:48 PM
Things will settle down once people start hitting the tracks again...

I hope.

Quick Reply: This board has become a joke