Lightning

This board has become a joke

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003 | 12:34 PM
ok, i'll make my opinon short and sweet....

yes i do agree that there is more B.S posting going on right now, but i kinda like that, to me this board is like my big group of friends..... do friends just talk buisiness? no, they don't i like hearing stories and other cool stuff other than just mod ?'s and tech help....

and i also agree that all the b.s posting will go down over the summer because right now it's not track weather where i live nor where alot of other lightning owners live on this site.... so we want to share info still, but theres not a whole lot we can do when were not modding up for track or anything....

im a 50/50 agreement right now, i do see your points, but i like some of the b.s it keeps things interesting and fun (not tuner wars) but the other stuff...

if this site was only tech help then it would become like the mustang sites that i belong too, i spend way more time here because it's alot more fun, it's boring at the mustang site because there's not the """Friendship""" aspect like there is here.

i think of you all my friends, i talk about you guys to other people, like i know you in person. thats what i love about this place, w/o some of the b.s posts we wouldn't get to know each other as much.

Old 02-22-2003 | 02:42 PM
The only reason I came to the site today was to see if anyone was commenting on the fact that an '03 was being featured on the TV Show, "Trucks".

Simply put, I quit visiting this site about a year ago because I took too personally an insult from someone responding to a comment I made. I took it personally because I felt a personal attachment to the people who I visited daily and had come to know. It was like being at a party and taking a put-down.

A true fact, though, is that I used to spend hours and hours here and there are far better forms of recreation - like taking a drive.

Adios...

Old 02-22-2003 | 04:14 PM
trabuco - whoa dude, how have you been ?

Old 02-22-2003 | 04:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I agree. I have noticed there is more BS than I want to read. I have noticed that it takes more time than I have to sort through it in my attempt to find some good informtion. Sometimes I look at the clock and ask: "Have I been on this computer too long?"

Still, I have learned things here that make it all worth while.

Cobra97snake, you make a good point. Sometimes, I'm in a BS mood myself, and that's just what I am looking for.

I myself would like to have a good BS place to go to once in a while. I think we could enhance this site if we could separate the two objective into diffferent fourms.

It would be nice to have one silly BS forum where anthing goes. Threads don't get locked for any reason, and a warning is issued to anyone who goes there. "If you can't take the heat, go to another forum."

This way, when a thread gets off track we can suggest the comments be taken to this other forum when this behavior is more readily accepted.

Heck, it would be interesting just to see if any of these heavy BSers realy have any talent in their keyboards.

Old 02-22-2003 | 06:20 PM
free post!!!!

here is my comments......might as well, right

1) I think Superfords made a great point...instead of smiley faces, have it be a tech icon, an announcement icon, photo icon, or just a general icon.

2) The so called "clique" is rediculous. Just because a number of members have been on this forum for a long time.....some of them becoming friends just from this forum alone...... doesn't not make them a clique....that precieves everyone else as an outcast. This is not highschool....and it's the ignorant folks that make it like that. Half the people bitching in this thread, i can honestly say i have never seen any of you positively contributing to any post on this Lightning forum. Become more involved on the forum so people will know you more.....then you won't feel like such an outsider. I mean not for nothing, but this is internet land, and if you are so bent out of shape because you don't have any friends on this forum.....you are one sad individual

3) I was never a fan of the search police. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a newbie comes on here and asks a question, why should he be beat to death because it's been asked before. First of all, how were they supposed to know it was asked before. Second of all, with the ever changing realm of technology, it's quite possible that the answer to their question now, could be different from what the answer would have been a year ago. Lastly, if you are irritated by the question, don't respond, give another newbie the chance to answer their question and participate in the board a little, and if their wrong and stumped, then the senior members can chime in, or nicely tell him to search.

Remember, thier would be no need for a message board if all it was used for is a search engine. This is an interactive message board, not a Lightning online encyclopedia.

I've had my share of disagreements with people on here, but it's water under the bridge. It's the people who hold a grudge for no reason that make this board not fun anymore.

There's always ways to improve , but since non of us are paying to use this forum, who are we to judge????

Old 02-22-2003 | 06:28 PM
) I was never a fan of the search police. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a newbie comes on here and asks a question, why should he be beat to death because it's been asked before. First of all, how were they supposed to know it was asked before. Second of all, with the ever changing realm of technology, it's quite possible that the answer to their question now, could be different from what the answer would have been a year ago. Lastly, if you are irritated by the question, don't respond, give another newbie the chance to answer their question and participate in the board a little, and if their wrong and stumped, then the senior members can chime in, or nicely tell him to search.
Exactly my thoughts on the subject

Old 02-22-2003 | 06:35 PM
I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with tallimeca but he is right on the money on this one

I also have never held a grudge against anyone on this board.......not even Ray.

Jerry

Old 02-22-2003 | 06:46 PM
hahah

see that, Jerry didn't doesn't like me, and I didn't even know it!!!!

Old 02-22-2003 | 07:10 PM
Has nothing to do with liking or not liking, just don't agree with you very often. I do enjoy reading all your post and I hope to get to meet you someday

Jerry

Old 02-22-2003 | 07:10 PM
Banned
Were not here to be liked, nor impress anyone. At least im not and could give 2 chits less what anyone may think.

Theres a lot of BS on this forum that needs fine filtering. A lot of mislead information too.

I dont mind challenging something when i smell it.

There are a few who think they started tech in the Lightning world. They have forgotten before the Modular Lightning, there was the modular Cobra. A lot of the tech from there was spilled into the Lightning and no credit was ever given.

A little research goes a long way.

I feel people have forgotten what the word " Modular " means.

No need to reinvent the wheel.

Old 02-22-2003 | 07:45 PM
This place goes through cycles. Since I've been here, there's always someone posting a complaint about the site content. The way I see it, is that there is something for just about everybody here. Information about the trucks we all drive, humor, DRAMA, and controversy. Every once in a while you may even see a few Hooter's girls pictures posted.

This forum is influenced by all the folk that come here. Some for the good, some for the bad, and some just to watch. If you feel that the world should always conform to your ideals, either lock yourself up with some people who see everything exactly the way you do, that's going to be one empty room, or start a cult and find some weak minded people, that you can shape into what you want them to be. When you get bored with that, you can just serve everybody some special Kool-Aid.

Some of you guys just need to get over yourselves.

Old 02-22-2003 | 07:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by greencrew
[B]I agree. I have noticed there is more BS than I want to read.

Really simple actually - DON'T read it ...!!!

Old 02-22-2003 | 08:24 PM
Re: free post!!!!

Originally posted by tallimeca
3) I was never a fan of the search police. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a newbie comes on here and asks a question, why should he be beat to death because it's been asked before. First of all, how were they supposed to know it was asked before. Second of all, with the ever changing realm of technology, it's quite possible that the answer to their question now, could be different from what the answer would have been a year ago. Lastly, if you are irritated by the question, don't respond, give another newbie the chance to answer their question and participate in the board a little, and if their wrong and stumped, then the senior members can chime in, or nicely tell him to search.
tallimeca - I normally agree with you on alot of things, but this one I don't. Really I have no problem answering repeated questions, but sometimes it's rediculous.

Not searching clutters up the board with alot of the same posts (such as post whoring , which I am guilty of).

Really is it that hard to put a couple extra minutes in and use the search function, if you still need help bring the post out from the grave and ask your question. By doing that you will have more info on a subject in 1 thread vs. many threads which makes it harder to find.

Old 02-22-2003 | 09:02 PM
I still come here even though my L is long gone and I will NEVER own another Ford product. I have used the technology developed for the L and ideas from this board to build an 02 Chevy that will be in the mid 12's this season. Not as fast as some of you guys, but I feel it is respectable. The point is, this board used to be (and still is-you just have to sort through the BS) an extensive source for knowledge and up to date ideas. Hell, I found out about 9/11 on here first. It seems that the old group was a bunch of intelligent educated people who were concerned with their trucks, each other, and world events. Now with the increased amount of members there are a lot of idiots and dumbarses who are cluttering up the place. I hope most of the good people stay around cause if not this board will be useless.

Old 02-22-2003 | 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
I'm gonna stick it out one more year until the '04s come out and all 36,000 of us get dumped into the Pre-2004 Forum.

I'll tell ya..all you lightning guys outta take a lesson from Raoul.....lighten up........don't read the bull**** posts....don't post the bull**** posts and let the flame wars burn out on thier own.......I have a SuperCrew, so maybe I'll be burned for posting here.........but.....LIGHTEN UP....this is a great site with vast knowlege.......I bet even the brightest lightning guy can learn something here..................

Good Night.......

Quick Reply: This board has become a joke