Lightning

Air Bags???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003 | 02:21 PM
|
Air Bags???

Just wondering if there are any L owners out there that have air bags (suspension) on their truck? Anyone with pics? I was wondering if they would effect performance in any way? I assume that riding with the air out, with the lowest stance possible would yield the best handling...What do you guys think?

Old 03-01-2003 | 02:41 PM
Air Ride Technologies in Jasper Indiana claims their airbag suspension kits improve handling. But usually a completely bagged and slammed vehicle with a conventional airbag setup doesn't handle better...

Old 03-01-2003 | 04:34 PM
Falcon, do a search here for screen name Bagged01L. He's got the air ride setup on his truck. Looks awesome. If you can't find it here, he's over at www.miloc.org in the forums.

Old 03-01-2003 | 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Chainsaw13
Falcon, do a search here for screen name Bagged01L. He's got the air ride setup on his truck. Looks awesome. If you can't find it here, he's over at www.miloc.org in the forums.
last I heard he was trying to sell it...did he end up keeping it? it's an AWESOME truck..very trick stuff.

Old 03-01-2003 | 06:07 PM
Just a thought, I would think that they would have an ill effect for drag racing?

Suavy

Old 03-01-2003 | 07:31 PM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
last I heard he was trying to sell it...did he end up keeping it? it's an AWESOME truck..very trick stuff.
He's still looking to sell it. I finally met Jamie and saw his truck at Autorama last weekend here in Detroit. That is one nice ride. He's got a lot of time/effort into it, and it shows.

That reminds me, I need to find out if he won his class.

Old 03-01-2003 | 07:37 PM
Air bags do ride better in most cases. Look at Lincolns. Been bagged for years. Air rides stuff just replaces your springs so there is no cutting etc which can adversely effect things. But in most cases(not an extreme bag job) a quality setup like Jamies or air rides kit will give you improved handling and ride. Air rides gives you a 10 in drop in rear so dont expect to drag your a$$ or lay frame but you wil get low. And because it is a four link 60 ft times will DECREASE. Its like having metcos on there but better cuz metcos is a 2 link design. So essentially It is stiffening your frame as well as lowering it. Now you will have to figure how much psi will work best but once you figure that out you will be hittin better 60's than anyone stock thats for sure. The reason being w/ the bags and links there is no wheel hop or axle wrap!

Old 03-01-2003 | 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Suavy
Just a thought, I would think that they would have an ill effect for drag racing?

Suavy
That's what I thought too, until my buddy in his bagged/blown Chevy 1500 was cutting low 1.7's (1.72-1.74) last year.

--Joe

Old 03-01-2003 | 10:46 PM
Did you guys ever get a chance to check this out?

Quick Reply: Air Bags???