Lightning

No mods to the Toy for a long time, just had LASIK

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003 | 07:38 PM
|
Jake, when I asked my doctor about how old was the oldest person he has done LASIK to for my 61 year old father, he said that he did it on a 91 year old woman with excellent results. So your not to old to at least get a screening to see if you are a candidate, if you want to be able to detect those women from a farther range.

Bill

Old 03-08-2003 | 09:00 PM
cost ...?

What's the cost on that stuff...?

Old 03-09-2003 | 11:09 AM
00SVT, thanks for the encouragement

I will now definitely check into it. Get 3 evaluations to see if I'm a good candidate.

Old 03-09-2003 | 05:04 PM
|
Sonichog, there is an ad in my local newspaper right now for the next 500 eyes for $299 at what I like to call "The LASIK Shack". I would not let a place like this touch my eyes if they paid me. I had three different screenings with prices ranging from $1899 per eye up to $2600 with md surgeons that this is all they do, but i'm sure you can find it for cheaper if that's what you want. The one I went with is one of the top-100 surgeons in the nation to do this and the first to be present with an award from Bausch and Lomb along with being featured at Epcot Center for his research in laser vision correction, and other awards. It's not all about the price either because mine was all inclusive, follow up visits for 6 months, medication, and a guarantee for life that if my vision regresses they will retouch them with whatever the current technology at the time is. I hope this helps, and you really don't want the price to dictate who you go with, it's more about experience and value then just price.

Hope this helps,
Bill

Quick Reply: No mods to the Toy for a long time, just had LASIK