Lightning

No Killa for a long time this year!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003 | 11:00 PM
Joe don't forget to have the heads helicoiled so you can rid yourself of the blown plug problem.. Good Luck dude...........

PEaCE...................

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
It takes one day to build a motor and one to put it back in. Ok I'll give it three if you gonna do some detailing while it's out. Maybe a week to get the parts

Bwaahahahaha!

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:17 AM
Killa, be strong my brother! I know what your going through!!! Maybe we should start a support group or some thing? My engine job will be done by the end of this month. The job took a month with two guys working on it. I also just found out that one of my team was in an accident he was broad side'ed by a drunk drive. He will be layed up for six months. Hats off everyone for (Berry) by the grace of God he surived.

Killa I have a service manual with full specs. and how to with pics. if needed let me know.

Suavy
jgonza94@ford.com

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:17 AM
That's too bad Joe, I was hoping to meet you sometime this summer at one of the Ill. tracks.. maybe you'll be ready late in the season...

Old 03-08-2003 | 08:59 AM
Am I missing something here ?

Truly, I am not trying to **** anyone off. If I did, I'm Sorry..

I didn't mean to make it sound anything more than,
why is it taken so long for people to build a motor ????
I'm sure some of you guys are doing other things while you have it apart.

Although I've done many Motors myself, with my Lightning
"when the time comes", I'll just give it to Johnny, I spoke to Johnny for a while about this last week. He's now set up to take in your Lightning (with a blown motor) and turn it around in as little as three days
with a new Motor,
with a new K/B,
Dyno'd + Tuned

I'm interested in possibaly giving mine to him (while it's in one piece) and simply get a Built Lower, + Heli-Coiled stock heads.
I would do it next winter , (If I can save the money) If it blows in the mean time, I'll have to check my options ?

Sorry if I pissed anyone off, didn't mean to

Old 03-08-2003 | 10:47 AM
Killa....as said above, I don't know why you just don't try and fix the current problem....unless you know something is wrong and your not telling, hehe. It is a hell of alot cheaper but it appears that you have an endless supply of cash...what the heck do you do for a living anyway? You have a VERY nice truck and it appears to have some minor little problem....fix it or maybe send it to a dealer to get fixed, etc. OR...build a new mototr, lol

Tom

Old 03-08-2003 | 11:06 AM
Joe,
Sorry to hear that you might be with out your baby for the summer. Believe me I know how it feels to be with out your baby for the season. I know you have a bike to help you get by, but as time goes by you will really start to miss your truck.
When I dropped my truck off it was only going to be gone for two weeks, but as the changes in plans went it has been a lot longer. Somedays I think about if I had just gone with a built 2-valve motor that might have been better. But now that this racing season for me starts in less than a month and it looks good that I will be picking my truck up real soon the wait just might be worth it.
Anyway what I am trying to say is the faster you can get it back together the better you will feel. So try not to miss the whole season if you can help it, the following winter is really long when you have missed a whole season.
Good luck with it..
Bill

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:09 PM
|
today is a new day and first off I'm going to get it running again, then I'm going to just drop it off to get rebuilt. talked to a guy at a great performance shop in my area. they speacialize in 4.6 modular but the guy has done a couple 5.4's and said there just about the same setup anyway so he can make me a killer motor!!!!

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:17 PM
You should be up and running in a few weeks if you get the shop to do it. It's well worth the time and money if you are going for serious power. I would recommend doing heads and cams too while you have it apart. I wish I had in mine, but there weren't any good options a year ago.

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:18 PM
KILLA'S GETTING A KILLA MOTOR
YA BABY, THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Good Move Killa, let someone else do it, MUCH FASTER TOO...

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:55 PM
You should

Throw $20,000.00 at it - that should take care of everything - and why the hell are you stopping short of that works 140 - you got the money right...?

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:56 PM
|
you guys are to much, I don't have the money. thats the problem with the time frame, HAHAHAHHA.

Old 03-08-2003 | 01:50 PM
Joe is my hero.

-Mike

Old 03-08-2003 | 02:42 PM
2 pages and I'm the first to ask. What's up with that Mustang - Yours?

(Unless of course it's old news )

Old 03-08-2003 | 02:48 PM
Wink

I believe that it is his brothers, he talked about it months back when they were re-doing some stuff on it. It is pretty nice..
Bill

Quick Reply: No Killa for a long time this year!