Lightning

No Killa for a long time this year!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003 | 03:23 PM
|
Originally posted by Hamrhead
2 pages and I'm the first to ask. What's up with that Mustang - Yours?

(Unless of course it's old news )

yeah thats my brothers mustang, I've been doing the system in it for him. Its just about done now. painted the entire interior, dynamatted the hell out of it, carpeted off and finished off the truck. it looks and sounds AWESOME!!!!!

now I just need him to ask him to dump a 302 motor in there with a big YS trim blower on it, HEHEHEHHE. I doubt he'll let me do that though.

He's not really into speed at all.

Old 03-09-2003 | 01:19 AM
Yeah from the pic it definitely looks nice,, but ya gotta have the GO to back it up!

Old 03-09-2003 | 09:41 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
corn nut

Will it be ready by WFC6 or will the threat of rain keep you home this year too?

Old 03-09-2003 | 10:52 AM
Joe,
I'm in the same area as you. Who is going to do the work on the rebuild? Do they have a dyno in the shop also?

Old 03-09-2003 | 12:46 PM
hey joe..good choice.

You'll need the following:

new gaskets for the timing cover, upper and lower intake,CAC, Heads (check felpro) and headers. Don't screw around with the ones in the valve covers.

oil pan and intake manifold gaskets (lower to heads) are reusable.

I re-used my rear main seal...5K miles, no leaking. I would change yours.

you'll also need new bolts for the blower/cac. Ford specs these as one use only. I reused mine because the truck had only 1200 miles when I rebuilt. Now, I've taken them off for the Kenne Bell install and some have minor corrosion...probably from scratching the zinc plating while installing them.

If you get sal's oil pump, be sure to REMOVE the shield on the pick up tube. The crank will not clear it.

You'll need two o-rings for the pipe going into the front of the block, just behind the water pump...I believe its the heater inlet pipe. regardless, its the only pipe under the L.I.M.

Get black gasket sealant from NAPA as you will need a few well placed dab's to seal her up. Timing cover to heads, timing cover to oil pan, valve covers to timing cover....and the list goes on.

Make sure your engine builder has a Tourque Plate. You can't do a bore without it.

New o-rings for the thermostat housing and h2o pump...they usually grow.

of course, there's a buttload I left out. But this should help regardless. If I think of more, I'll let you know.

Andy

Old 03-09-2003 | 12:48 PM
|
Re: corn nut

Originally posted by Speedin Bob
Will it be ready by WFC6 or will the threat of rain keep you home this year too?

Yeah I know cause I love to have broken ***** all the time and not be able to drive it.

Quick Reply: No Killa for a long time this year!