Lightning

My buddy bought a used 02..Can someone offer some good mods to start him with?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 07:32 AM
|
My buddy bought a used 02..Can someone offer some good mods to start him with?

Me and some buddies went to reynolds this weekend and one of them has an 02 L. His first run against another buddy of mine w/ a modded 02 stang he ran a 15.0 against the mustangs 14.5. He told me his truck fell flat after spinning really bad, I told him about the boost bypass. We unplugged that and he ran a 13.9.. We want to start doing some mods on his truck and I gave him some ideas but don't really know whats the latest mods out there right about now...He's basically stock except a drop in K&N filter and the silver bullet mufflers.. Also could someone a few good lowering kits along with prices please? He wants to get started on modding soon..

I drove my LX and didn't run as well as I thought I could..
R/T .652
60ft 2.330
1/8 9.409
MPH 78.67
1/4 14.3
MPH 98.7
car weighed in at 3095lbs
I don't understand any of this but the fellas say thats not bad for my first run....Keep in mind this is my first time at a track...They think I should be able to pull a mid 13.. I kept spinned badly through 1st, 2nd...Could you guys explain to me what those numbers mean? And help us out.. Thanks

Old 03-10-2003 | 07:49 AM
as people told me the first time i asked this question awhile back is chip and pulley. also i would go with some traction bars. I like the k and n drop in filter. thats what i use. just ecommend that.

they are starting to say that they are the best filter to use now and offer better air flow with holes cut in the stock box than the 12inch filter. some guy dynoed and tested the different filters.

also last but not least is the factory tech valve bodies. these are the mods i would start with. there are lots of different vendors and tuners, everyone has their faverite.

Old 03-10-2003 | 07:52 AM
Sorry I wasn't there. It's my 'home' track but my wife is sick so I stayed home.

Your buddy needs a pulley(I would get a 4 or 5 lber). chip(two programmed sides would allow for a 'street' and a 'track' tune), and a fast/ram air filter kit. One of my first mods was a driveshaft loop and he will need one when he gets into the 12s. The biggest help once he gets those mods just mentioned will be slicks/wheels for the rear. I got into the high 12s with the stock exhaust and plugs.

Your time slip shows a need for better traction as your 60 feet time was way too slow. I'll let the stick-shift/Mustang guys chime in for additional info for you.

Quick Reply: My buddy bought a used 02..Can someone offer some good mods to start him with?