Lightning

46 miles and the Roush kit is in.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 10:00 AM
|
46 miles and the Roush kit is in.

I got my new DSG L Friday, and Sat. morning installed the Roush Kit. Install was a piece of cake (except the drivers side rear shock, I could not find a deep socket to fit so the rear shocks are still the stockers). I drove the truck down to San Antonio to the IHRA nats on Sunday and the ride is not bad at all! The rear is a little stiff but the front is nice. I do have one problem....the left side front is .700 lower than the right side. Any ideas why? Also I want the rear a little lower, what should I use? Will lowering the rear more hurt the handling?

Jerry

Old 03-10-2003 | 11:48 AM
Banned
Do you have any pictues? How much$$? I am thinking this is the kit i want myself. thanks,

Old 03-10-2003 | 12:05 PM
|
I will post pics in the next few days. I paid $675.00 for the kit and it was worth every penny. Call Roush and ask for Eric....no one else!

Old 03-10-2003 | 12:18 PM
Re: 46 miles and the Roush kit is in.

Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
I do have one problem....the left side front is .700 lower than the right side. Any ideas why? Also I want the rear a little lower, what should I use? Will lowering the rear more hurt the handling?

Jerry
Did you measure height with a full gas tank??

Can't you add shackles for more drop??

--Joe

Old 03-10-2003 | 02:49 PM
Hey Jerry,

Congratulations on getting your new truck. Are you planning on being at the Round Rock car show Saturday night? I'd like to see your truck and maybe go for a ride.

-Edward

Old 03-10-2003 | 02:52 PM
Hey SpankDog,

Where in Buford are you? I over in Stone Mountain and I just installed the Roush kit. If you want to see it and/or drive it to see what it's like let me know.

Forrest

Old 03-10-2003 | 02:54 PM
I had the same height difference issue when I used a Ground Force kit on my '99, and it was never solved. It could be a few things... Was the rubber boot secured correctly at the top of the spring and not folded over? Was the cup of the lower control arm cleaned out (yes, i know it only had 46 miles on it )?

The only thing I could think to do would be to swap them side to side and see if the proiblem follows. If so then I would be angry.

I bet the Roush kit looks very nice on an '03 since the rear sits up higher than before. It sags too much in the rear on pre-'03 trucks.

Old 03-10-2003 | 06:24 PM
|
I am going to take the high (right side) apart tonight and see if I can find the problem. I have an appointment to get it aligned tomorrow. This is just the front, the back is perfect side to side so I don't think the gas tank has anything to do with it.

Edward, I have other plans for Sat. night but I'm here in Hutto and you are welcome to come out during the day (Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM) and I would be glad to let you take a ride. Call me at 512-759-1026 during working hours and see if we can work out a time that will work for both of us.

Jerry

Old 03-10-2003 | 06:29 PM
yea, i have a bell tech lowering kit, 3/4, and the drivers side is lower than the passenger side, the owner before my truck had this done not me.

Old 03-10-2003 | 07:52 PM
I am pretty sure that they all sit lower on the left side. gas tank, drivers weight etc

Old 03-10-2003 | 08:12 PM
Jerry,
You can run the 2" lowering shackeles and put the bolt in teh first hole, it gives you a even ride height, however that 1" makes a large differance on bottoming out. Where are you measuring from? teh ground to the fender or center of wheel to fender??

You should be measuring from center of wheel to fender. Check the rubber boot in the top of the spring perch, you may have not put it inside the rubber part, (you actually have to make sure you spin it in properly. )

How far did you drive it? Takes a little driving to get the kit all settled out. But if i had to guess your donut in the top of the spring perch is your problem.

Brandon

Old 03-11-2003 | 08:52 AM
|
I fixed it last night. I took it back apart and saw I did not index the springs correctly. The end of the spring need to go into the low area in the lower control arm (over two 1/8" holes that are about 3/8 apart). I don't know why I did not notice this the first time but oh well I am a professional now! I took both sides apart and back together during Everyone Loves Ramond and The King of Queens (one hour). Both sides are within 1/4" now.

I'm not sure what to do with the back. If I lower it more as you said I will have a bottoming out problem. I cut my old bumpstops in half and have not felt it bottom out yet.

Jerry

Quick Reply: 46 miles and the Roush kit is in.