Lightning

What would happen if....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:38 PM
I drop about 1/3 quart in and let the filter media soak it up so none of it will spill out but I also do it cause that way I can just stick my finger in the hole and get it lubbed up. Then I rub my finger around the rubber gasket. She is real happy that way, and so am I.
Jes

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Konig
hmmm... I thought it was a common practice to fill the filter with oil before screwing it on. , thanks for the info
yeah i dont fill the filter, i do lube the new one b4 i put it on. that helps the new gasket to come off with the new filter next time i change my oil...

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:45 PM
|
but I also do it cause that way I can just stick my finger in the hole and get it lubbed up. Then I rub my finger around the rubber gasket. She is real happy that way, and so am I.

ummm...are we still talking about filters? Guess maybe I need to try that or something...

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:46 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm...

Originally posted by Nasty Wendy
You wouldn't be able to start the truck. If the oil filter level sending unit isn't satified the truck will move the ignition switch around so that you can't put the key in. That bastard moves pretty damned fast too. Repeated tries will cause the radio to turn on and play you a message which tells you the oil filter is empty. If you try to start with a remote starter or similar device the truck will undoubtedly detect whats happening and disconnect the positive battery cable from the battery automatically. It will not allow the cable to be reconnected until the oil filter is filled.
Your getting as bad as that, that, that, SonicHog dude

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:48 PM
i too fill my filter about half way but thankfull its right next to the oil pan and it point down so its a simple thing to do. I dont think its a big deal anymore with newer cars but i think back in the day it was the proper procedure. Things like that get passed down, just like the idea to change you oil every 3000 miles. That just doenst apply anymore even though i still do it. odd.

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:54 PM
|
Yeah, I know what you mean. At least its not BAD info thats handed down...its just not 100% necessary anymore I guess. I will probably still do it out of habit Im sure.

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:55 PM
I do it about half way just because. If a hurry I haven't prefilled and nothing.

Old 03-10-2003 | 10:05 PM
Arrow

Originally posted by ILL_SVT
LMAO

Wendy, have my children?
ILL_SVT,
I'll have to respectfully decline your request. I already have my hands full with my own two children.

Quick Reply: What would happen if....?