Lightning

WOW..My amazing experience at the Ford dealer today..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 09:48 PM
And it is still there!

I will not bash a tuner online, and the SHM cars are pretty sweet with what they come with, but it is all in the tuning…

Way to many after sale issues.

Old 03-10-2003 | 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Rayden's cloud
It's just a standard GT that Sean Hyland took and modified with a Novi Paxton and 4.10 gears, and mesh style 9in wheels up front and 10s in the back.. I think the times on his car was like 12.7 1/4mile with 405 HP..I could be wrong, maybe some of the other guys on here whose more familiar can correct me
F**K Sean Hyland's turnkey cars! 12.7s with 405hp? And no warranty, after someone beat the monkey shiit out of it for 19K miles?

Not impressed here. I was running 12.5s N/A in my 2000 GT, tell Hyland to shove it!

Good job keeping your Lightning!
joe

Old 03-10-2003 | 09:59 PM
The cars come with suspension, HRE two-piece wheels, Novi, bigger axles, and a 3/36 full warranty, and when Ford was running the 0%, we sold several of them.

Old 03-12-2003 | 11:09 AM
Calling Ayrton & Rayden

Rayden what dealership? Ayrton, post indicates you work at dealership? If so, which one? Do they take Xplan? Thanks!

Old 03-12-2003 | 11:48 AM
That Sean Hyland sounds like a similar setup as the Rousch GT.
My only problem is when I compared it to the Cobra, was the possibilitiy of upgrading it later.
The Rousch has a warranty from Ford which is cool, but it is a blown GT (2V), and is at about at it's limit performance wise.

Mind you, I'm sure you could do more to it, but it would cost alot!

The Cobra on the other hand is just getting warmed up.

We have all seen the numbers the Cobras run with just exhaust and a pulley swap, imagine what it could do with a better blower, and some head, cam work.

Also the Rousch GT, and the Cobra are about the same cost, and run about the same 1/4 mile times, the only plus side (IMHO) is the Rousch would be more unique, in the fact that you would probabaly never see yourself coming and going.

As far as the Sean Hyland, I don't know much about thier pkgs., but they do specialize in Mod motored cars (ie 4.6L, 5.4L). BUT they are $$$$$!

Just an opinion...

After having my original "L" stolen, and not having one to drive for a few months, this is the one vehicle I will probabaly have for a long time!
I have owned a 93 Mustang coupe, a 96 cobra, and a 2001GT, and out of the four vehicles, the Lightning is the only one I wanted to have back...
I say keep your truck too, and build it up later...

Old 03-12-2003 | 06:04 PM
|
Re: Calling Ayrton & Rayden

Originally posted by jakemarietta
Rayden what dealership? Ayrton, post indicates you work at dealership? If so, which one? Do they take Xplan? Thanks!
This was Gwinnett Place Ford Jake...Hey I'm going to team ford friday to have my plugs checked...If you are around the area, drop by so we can meet.. I'll be there about 11am to maybe 2 i guess

Old 03-13-2003 | 09:04 AM
Thanks Rayden

Don't think I'll be around then. Team Ford SVT techs are Scott Levine and Jeff (owns L) You definitely want either of them. Make appointment if you haven't. If you don't mind, why are you having your plugs checked? Still under warranty? When I tried to buy my 2kL in June 2000, Gwinnett wanted 5k above list. Wouldn't ever do business with them. Maybe we'll meet at SDR April 5-6 or Commerce FFW a week later. Good luck with truck at Team. Hope nothing serious.

Old 03-13-2003 | 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Ayrton
And it is still there!

I will not bash a tuner online, and the SHM cars are pretty sweet with what they come with, but it is all in the tuning…

Well my hat's off to you sir. That has become a big issue here lately. I myself, have just about come to not posting because of the bull*****.

Once again, its nice to see somebody with some honor

Old 03-13-2003 | 09:25 AM
|
Re: Thanks Rayden

Originally posted by jakemarietta
Don't think I'll be around then. Team Ford SVT techs are Scott Levine and Jeff (owns L) You definitely want either of them. Make appointment if you haven't. If you don't mind, why are you having your plugs checked? Still under warranty? When I tried to buy my 2kL in June 2000, Gwinnett wanted 5k above list. Wouldn't ever do business with them. Maybe we'll meet at SDR April 5-6 or Commerce FFW a week later. Good luck with truck at Team. Hope nothing serious.
Just to make sure they are torqued properly and none of them have backed out..Last time I had a set of plugs installed was 6 months ago..I just want to at least have an added peace of mind when i'm driving thats all.. Plus i'm going to SC in July for fun ford weekend and don't want any crap outta my plugs..Then again nothings gauranteed but rather be somewhat safe than sorry.. Can't afford to be buying new heads right now my friend..

BTW: Scott is the guy who ran my dyno after he installed my chip and Jeff came over also.. Don't worry, I wouldn't let anyone else touch my truck.. Thanks for the referal

Old 03-13-2003 | 10:23 AM
Jake,
I work for a company that has several Ford dealers.

Old 03-14-2003 | 08:24 AM
Ayrton,are we being a little mysterious

about who we work for? Didn't respond if your dealers honor Xplan on L? I already have pin. Lady friend of mine also will be in market for new Explorer in June. Interested in doing business?

Old 03-14-2003 | 08:37 AM
You got mail.

Old 03-14-2003 | 10:30 AM
What I know about the SHM cars, as well as the Saleen's, the Roush's, Steeda Q, & the Panoz vehicles I learned from American Ford in Minneapolis.

they carry all of those plus they do some of their own tuning in house. The have a 15 bay "performance shop" to support the vehicles.

Any way, the Performance Sales Manager (Todd I think is his name) told me that all of the units he carries are backed by Ford's std. Warranty.

I do not know if his dealership works out th details on the tuner cars. but Saleen, Steeda, & Rosh are all 100% Ford Warrantied. Or suposed to be.

Saleen is the oldest, Steeda has the "shared technology contract with Ford", & Roush has beenw ith ford so long I was supprised that SVT wasn't called "Roush Skunk Works" or something...

SHM has had a great deal of push-pull publicity. I know a lot of Modular guys won't deal with him at all. I know a couple SHM new Car owners that love the cars & love the service thay get.

IMHO there are better choices for your extra $15-20K... Saleen Extreme, Steeda 400Q, Factory SVT Cobra even without $5K in go fast parts will eat them all up.

Thought I'd Share.

Rob

Old 03-14-2003 | 11:24 AM
do the

Cobra and take no less than $17,000 for your L stripped to the bone - sell all your mods online, you won't have a problem ... If you can get $17 or $16,500 I'd go for it as long as you don't take a beating on the Cobra -

BTW, I read a financial article yesterday about Ford - in a nutshell the financial expert said qoute "If this was any other Company other than Ford, they would be in bankruptcy by now"

Apparently, the Vendors etc etc that Ford OWES big money to keep giving them extentions on collection dates or some such nonsense... My point they are HURTING for CERTAIN and NEED sales BAD ... I guess the Company pension plan is killing them as well...

Old 03-14-2003 | 11:42 AM
Fords problems have little to do with the dealer at that level, so once the car is sold to the dealer, then it becomes the dealers problem, as Ford has already sold the car.

Quick Reply: WOW..My amazing experience at the Ford dealer today..