Lightning

WOW..My amazing experience at the Ford dealer today..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003 | 11:49 AM
well

I beg to differ - as sales turn into other ways for Ford to make money (parts, service, etc ) and if the Dealer can't sell vehicles Ford can't sell to the Dealer, in which case nothing moves -

No movement means pressure from Mother Ford to sell vehicles at the Dealer level - You don't think Ford puts pressure on their dealers to move vehicles ...? I'm afraid you are 'wrong' and that was addressed (pressure) in the article as well ...

Old 03-14-2003 | 12:01 PM
Of course Ford wants dealers to sell cars, but to imply that someone would get a better deal on a SVT product because Ford is having financial trouble is inaccurate at best.

Old 03-14-2003 | 12:22 PM
O.K.

Yup - your right ...

Old 03-14-2003 | 12:25 PM
Sonic, do you have any experiance with dealing with a manufacture about sales goals?

Old 03-14-2003 | 12:33 PM
Talking laughing -

You know what - I gave the dude an opinion O.K. - an opinion - based upon what I read ...

- and now you want to turn this into a sales conference - Christ almighty ...

Old 03-14-2003 | 12:38 PM
Dude chill...

I am not trying to start somthing, just saying that dealers are selling SVTs for list or better, so while Ford has goal incentives, you wont find dealers giving away SVT products, well maybe the Focus.

Old 03-14-2003 | 12:41 PM
I'm laughing ...

Originally posted by Ayrton
Dude chill...

I am not trying to start somthing, just saying that dealers are selling SVTs for list or better, so while Ford has goal incentives, you wont find dealers giving away SVT products, well maybe the Focus.
I'm laughing I don't need to chill - amused

Old 03-15-2003 | 07:29 AM
Ayrton, has the law of "supply and demand"

been repealed, I don't think so! It's common knowledge there's a sales slump in autos eventhough March is traditionally a good month! Yes, I have industry experience as DSM for GM & Toyota. Poor sales are both the manufacturers' and dealers' problems! Rebates & o% don't exist when demand is satisfactory! "SVT vehicles selling at list or above"--not now they're not! Please don't bother to cite odd uninformed consumer examples. During the recent release of 350Z and G35 coupe they were getting ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) for a little while,but they are now being significantly discounted, too. Also, since "SVT's are selling at list or above", why did you want me to call you when I said I have Xplan pin? Obviously, if your SVT's are selling that well, your organization wouldn't honor xplan on SVT! Guess I don't need to waste my time with you. Maybe you want to buy my 2kL with only 10k miles for substantially over book?

Old 03-15-2003 | 07:35 AM
Re: Ayrton, has the law of "supply and demand"

Originally posted by jakemarietta
been repealed, I don't think so! It's common knowledge there's a sales slump in autos eventhough March is traditionally a good month! Yes, I have industry experience as DSM for GM & Toyota. Poor sales are both the manufacturers' and dealers' problems! Rebates & o% don't exist when demand is satisfactory! "SVT vehicles selling at list or above"--not now they're not! Please don't bother to cite odd uninformed consumer examples. During the recent release of 350Z and G35 coupe they were getting ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) for a little while,but they are now being significantly discounted, too. Also, since "SVT's are selling at list or above", why did you want me to call you when I said I have Xplan pin? Obviously, if your SVT's are selling that well, your organization wouldn't honor xplan on SVT! Guess I don't need to waste my time with you. Maybe you want to buy my 2kL with only 10k miles for substantially over book?
LOL - Now I'm really amused ...

Last edited by sonichog; 03-15-2003 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-15-2003 | 09:26 AM
We have always honored A, X, D, and Z plans on any vehicle that qualified because it was the write thing to do, but Ford is not breathing down my neck to clean out my inventory of SVT products.

Quick Reply: WOW..My amazing experience at the Ford dealer today..