Lightning

Cryogenic tempering spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:33 PM
|
Question Cryogenic tempering spark plugs

Hey I am thinking of having some spark plugs Cryogenic tempered. From what I have read it makes the plugs conduct electricity better, and also makes the electrodes more durable.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and how is it working out for you.

They have a $50.00 minimum charge, so I was thinking getting 50 or so plugs and have them done all for the $50.00 minimum charge. Then if it works well I can sell the plugs for a extra buck per plug.

It may be a great alternative to running iridium plugs in a high boost or nitrous application.

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:39 PM
thats a good idea don, I never thought of that one. I got my rotors done, but plugs might be a good one too. how would that effect the insulator though?

Old 03-10-2003 | 04:56 PM
|
It won't effect the insulator, as they bring the temp down very slowlly and back to room temp so slowlly. Thats why it takes 3 days to do it. I was also told that it makes copper conduct ellectricity much better.

The only real question I have is, will it effect the heat range of the plug.

Old 03-10-2003 | 05:13 PM
This may sound crazy, but i have seen this work.

One of my good freinds owns a AMA superbike team, and they freeze the coils, after they picked up 2-3hp, now they swear by it.

Old 03-10-2003 | 05:17 PM
|
Originally posted by Ayrton
This may sound crazy, but i have seen this work.

One of my good freinds owns a AMA superbike team, and they freeze the coils, after they picked up 2-3hp, now they swear by it.
Ya I am going to try one coil pac, but at over $450.00 for a set of coil pacs I am not going to do a whole set untill I know it works.

And yes I am a little crazy

Old 03-10-2003 | 05:21 PM
I will try and call him tonight, but they are still in Daytona, due to the race being delayed until today, but I do not know if they do the plugs, but they do almost everything else.

Old 03-10-2003 | 05:50 PM
Banned
Whast makes the denso's weak is the ceramic. It will crack under the slightest amount of detonation.

After seeing a 2.3 liter Focus with 25 PSI of boost running the stock coil packs, im certain we are fine with what we use now.

Old 03-10-2003 | 06:23 PM
Cool

HI!... RTKILLA : Did you get your stock rotors frozen or after markets. Did it help in reducing brake dust, fade? Are the rotors lasting longer now? No warpage?

Old 03-10-2003 | 07:06 PM
cryo'ing works have done several things.There is a program that was developed for me to do some of the odder things on the truck and plugs are one of them.They do last longer and should require less kv to fire.But I can hardly believe they will do it for a buck a plug.Needs to be done differently than what you think.Stan

Old 03-10-2003 | 07:38 PM
|
Originally posted by Ruslow
cryo'ing works have done several things.There is a program that was developed for me to do some of the odder things on the truck and plugs are one of them.They do last longer and should require less kv to fire.But I can hardly believe they will do it for a buck a plug.Needs to be done differently than what you think.Stan
They have a $50 minimum charge, I asked them if I brought 5 sets would they still do it for $50 and they said ok.

I am going to give it a try, along with one coil pac and see if the coil pac works after. If it does I may get 7 more and see how it all works.

Old 03-10-2003 | 08:34 PM
you buying them from the place that froze ted williams??

Old 03-10-2003 | 09:37 PM
Originally posted by probie
LOL!!!

My signature rules
ROTFLMFAO!!

Old 03-10-2003 | 09:59 PM
|
Ya I think I am going to start my own company doing Cryogenic treatments for all kinds of Lightning parts.

I am going to call it
Frozen Splinters Lightning Parts

Quick Reply: Cryogenic tempering spark plugs