Lightning

10's are possible with the stock blower, no nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:00 PM
Yea seriously, WTF is that? IIAA ASI VMF AWJ

BTW, Nice numbers SKND

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:00 PM
Need Help Jim @JDM

Hi Jim,

Whoa there boss...earlier in this thread, you told JJ that the part numbers for the blocks were:

Hey JJ,
I'm assuming you just called the Ford dealership. Ford doesn't always update their books mid year, but for your information there are two 03 blocks that Ford is now currently using, remember we buy our stuff direct so we'll always get the latest and greatest. We don't have to wait for Ford to deplete their inventory. (2L1Z6010AA, 3L1Z6010AA) They are also using them in the 03 Navigator blocks. Since Lincoln division payed for the new block casting they had first dips on it until Ford depleted their inventory of the old blocks.

But your photo of your '03 shows a 2L1E-6015-A3C15??? Neither of the two numbers above match this. What gives?

Ford sure does make a lot of variations, but which is the best to order now???

Had to put my new order for a 3L1Z6010AA on hold for now.

Thanks

Douglas

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim@JDM
[B]

Ford Part# of the New Block...

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:10 PM
3L1Z6010AA is the part number for the 03 block, as I just ordered one thru parts.

Now, if the wrong thing comes in, I will have to take Jim off of my Christmas card list.

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:24 PM
Kinda off topic, but do the crower cams do anything for a mildly modified truck?(4lb, full exhaust, etc.) but non built motor. if there are minimal gains from the full exhaust(as people say) and most do it just for sound, then why not the cams for the same reason? I loved the sound clip someone posted of there truck with the cams? is it a bolt in deal or a "big job" to do? if there are gains on a mildly modified truck, then how many labor hours would you charge to install them? and would you need a chip reburn for that? thanks.

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Ayrton
3L1Z6010AA is the part number for the 03 block, as I just ordered one thru parts.

Now, if the wrong thing comes in, I will have to take Jim off of my Christmas card list.
Thanks Ayrton,

Then what is in the photo???

Douglas

(PS: if you're wrong I'm sending the Dark Lincolns...)

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:36 PM
Originally posted by grinomyte
man you gonna explain these things?
No, why worry.

IFR THFGE TEWQY

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Big1Daddy
Thanks Ayrton,

Then what is in the photo???
Casting number I would assume...

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:44 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Big1Daddy,

3L1Z6010AA.... This is the correct part number. What you see on the block is an engineering casting number.

wkuper11,

Yes they do work on a non build motor. If you're not going ot port your heads I have a different grind for you. We've seen as much as 22 HP and 38 lbs-ft torque. It would be the same grind that we used for the two trucks that we built for the NHRA pure stock class.

Grey03,

I know I didn't offend you. Anybody that hides behind a false board name cannot be offended because they don't exist. I will be more than happy to talk to you via E-Mail but you have to realize you talk out of both sides of your mouth. One day your beating the hell out of me than in the next post your telling me good job! If you want to straighten it out E-Mail me, Jim@TeamJDM.com

Jim@JDM

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:47 PM
Jim, I would love to take a road trip down to you guys soon, is this a day job? the cams are around $700 right? how many hours labor is this? do you have to change valve springs and such or just swap the cams?

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:49 PM
Re: FASTBOLT2002

Originally posted by SKNHD
Like I said before GFY!!!

I never said that the ET of my truck would verify anything mentioned about rwhp or rwtq.
Oh yeah?

FASTBOLT2002
GFY !!!

The times run on Monday show how much power the truck makes. Get a life

Kevin
So times run show the power the truck makes. Ok. That's what i thought you said.

If Jim @ JDM decides to post dyno graphs he will. There is no reason to have to prove anything to you, let alone anyone else on these boards.

It's sad that tuners have to go out of their way to prove anything they do to "some" uptight **** members.
Maybe if Jim had a reputation for being totally honest we would take everything he says as the truth without question!

I'm not uptight and ****. I want facts, that's pretty normal for a gearhead.

He didn't post anything about Paul's truck(Get-N-Go) and no one questioned those numbers! What, you didn't see those?
I didn't see a dyno chart on the 43 JDM motors, that's what people want to see. If you DON'T want to see one then IF one ever gets posted, look away.

FYI... Jagged Edge just recently posted his dyno #'s. His rwhp/ rwtq are with a shot of nitrous. Graphs or not he is not running 11.2's at the moment.
Good for him. I want to see someone make 560-580 hp and 683 lbs-ft of torque at the wheels on a Dynojet out of a stock blower.

No matter how you slice it, it will never be comparing apples to apples and some people(wonder who) will just never be satisfied. Kevin
Uh, hello? Earth to SKNHD! SAE to SAE Dynojet would BE apples to apples. That's the whole point. And what all of you clowns attacking me don't comprehend is that I would be more than satisfied if Jim posted the numbers. Capiche? I'm not anti-JDM, in fact maybe if you had a clue you'd know that I deal mostly wwith Jim and not the other tuners since I have called everyone and I mean EVERYONE and I can hardly get them to pick up the phone. If you tuners think I'm not talking about you you better stop kidding yourself. Get callwaiting, or someone else in the shop to answer the phone.

As I said I'm not anti-JDM and I run some JDM parts. But Jim has a well-deserved reputation for getting carried away with the truth (see? I was polite. I could have used another word), so I want to see proof before I spend money on a motor.

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:51 PM
Originally posted by PissedOffEwok
I know i only have 3 posts but ive been looking at this forum for like 6 months and it would seem that fastbolt is breaking the "Tuner Bashing" rule over and over and just trying to start trouble i dont see why this forum needs members like him. He is asking all of his question in a very rude manner and he doesnt really want the questions anwserd he just wants to make jim look bad from what i can see and im not even a jdm customer :o

Btw jdm very impressive

I haven't bashed JDM yet. I may not be sucking up to anyone but I thought we were all big boys and girls here. You just feel threatened because I'm asking for proof and your beloved tuner of choice can't seem to come up with them.

If those numbers ARE correct, I completely agree: IF TRUE, GREAT JOB, JIM.

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:54 PM
|
Former Sponsor
wkuper,

It is a two day job. Cams are $649.00 and the ovate valve springs with titanium retainers are $349.00. Let me know when you're ready.

Jim@JDM

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:58 PM
Re: Re: Re: FASTBOLT2002

Originally posted by Don's Bolt
You can't just compare ET improvements of our trucks to say a mustang if you add a bunch of power.
I'm not. I'm comparing them to other trucks.

My truck dynoed at 620RWTQ I have posted dyno graphs, and no one ever questioned my numbers.
Don is your memory that bad? Everyone questioned them on NLOC, and you admitted that your 621 was a spike. You then proceeded to change your sig to say 580 lbs-ft because you said you knew it was a spike.

Dynos are cool, but they don't tell you everything, they are just a tool to aid in tunning. What counts is how the truck does on the track, and I don't see any other truck running 11.2's with a stock blower and no Nitrous.
This is such a thinly veiled attempt to defend Jim it's sad. Dynos don't count? Gosh, better tell Dynojet to pack up shop and stop making millions of dollars being the number one chassis dyno company.

Yes, how the truck runs on the track counts. But you can't go fast without making power and the 560 hp, 683 lbs-ft of torque out of a stock blower ain't happening.

Nuff said.
No, that wasn't enough. Your post was pretty flawed and I settled it. Now THAT was enough said.

Old 03-13-2003 | 04:04 PM
Originally posted by fastbolt2002
I haven't bashed JDM yet. I may not be sucking up to anyone but I thought we were all big boys and girls here. You just feel threatened because I'm asking for proof and your beloved tuner of choice can't seem to come up with them.

If those numbers ARE correct, I completely agree: IF TRUE, GREAT JOB, JIM.
The issue is that you continue to rehash the same tired issue over and over. Its been less than 24 hours and you have posted essentially the same "where the SAE dyno " thing 30 times or so. We get the point. When/If Jim gets the dyno sheet I'm sure he'll get Justin to post it as soon as they have time. Paul Gamino posted his dyno numbers with this type of engine some time ago.

FastBolt read your email ... This was strike 2.

Doug

Old 03-13-2003 | 04:39 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: FASTBOLT2002

Originally posted by fastbolt2002
I'm not. I'm comparing them to other trucks.

OK Lets Compare Kevins results to other trucks, Just go look at the official NLOC list. Kevins truck ranks in at #7 the only trucks that are faster run either Nitrous or a aftermarket blower. It is also faster than 4 trucks with aftermarket blowers, and 16 with nitrous.

Why can't you just be happy that Kevin has a truck that is one of the fastest Stock Blower, Non Nitrous trucks in the country.

Quick Reply: 10's are possible with the stock blower, no nitrous!