Lightning

HELP!! w/efan install

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! w/efan install

what is the wrench size of the stock fan on a 02? is it 1 7/8 or 1 7/16? neither of which I have, but i want to know for sure before I spend $30 on a wrench or drive an hour to borrow one.

Old 03-11-2003, 02:31 PM
I just used a big adjustable and a big Vice grip, just make sure the adjustable wrench opens at least 1.5 inches.

What I did was grip the round shaft comming out of the water pump and use the adjustable wrench on the bolt on the fan.

Old 03-11-2003, 02:38 PM
02 is 1-7/16"

--Joe

Old 03-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
What I did was grip the round shaft comming

--Joe

Old 03-11-2003, 02:45 PM
I used a 12 inch crescent. I think it opens 1.5 inches.

I wedged a big screw driver between the water pump pullies to hold it from slipping.

Old 03-11-2003, 02:58 PM
ok, which way you turn, clockwise or counter?

Old 03-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Looking down on the fan from the front of the truck turn towrds the passenger side (counterclockwise).

--Joe

Last edited by soap; 03-11-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:02 PM
thanks

Old 03-11-2003, 05:05 PM
well it was warm out today, 36 degrees, so I started putting the efan/r pump in. I just took my truck out of storage yesterday, it was great driving it again, the first time i drove it in 5 months.
I finished most of the install except for the wiring, got up to mounting the two breakers and then my fingers went numb so I'll finish the rest tommorrow, it might break into the 40's!! install was pretty easy,except trying to make-shift a wrench to get the old fan off(you don't want to know how I got it off) the hardest part about finishing up the wiring will be trying to jack my truck up to get the temp sensor in, my drivway is gravel and its hard to get a jack under the truck. I'll let everyone know my impressions of the kit when I get it started back up.

oh, It wont hurt to have the truck sit overnight with no coolant in it right??? because alot drained out and I was not going to refill till I finish up tommorrow.

Old 03-11-2003, 05:08 PM
coolant

It should be ok theres still coolant in the channels in the block

Old 03-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
you don't want to know how I got it off

??

Old 03-11-2003, 07:48 PM
temp sensor wiring

get two half inch washers, and tie some fishing line to them. Tie the other end to the eye terminal on the harness for the sensor. Drop the washers in benind the drivers side head and wiggle till they drop. Get a flashlight and crawl under there, grab the line and gently pull and wiggle till the wire comes down, may get a little stuck on the o2 harness. There is a nice boss with a hole in it right near the bell housing to wire tie it to.

When you put the sensor in and it's snug, be very carefull when putting the wire on!!!!!! Slide the wire through the rubber boot. Put the eyelet on the stud, put the washer and nut on, thread the nut so it is just barely on. Put a drop of the blue removable locktite on your finger and rub it over the nut so it goes in on the threads. Tighten it finger tight. Then take a pare of pliars and grab the nut and give it the slightest twist. I don't recommend use a wrench or socket, you'll be amazed how easy the plastic body of the sensor snaps apart!!!!! Don't make the 50 dollar mistake.

I initially just ran the wire over the side of the motor and wiretied it over the exhaust so it wouldn't touch. I was afraid to fish it behind the motor cause i didn't want it on anything hot, but once i had it up on the lift this weekend, there's nothign there to bother it. Good luck!!!!

Old 03-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Man! Be very careful and use jack stands. Don't want your L to slip in the gravel.......................

jack my truck up to get the temp sensor in, my drivway is gravel and its hard to get a jack under the truck. I'll let everyone know my impressions of the kit when I get it started back

Dan

Old 03-11-2003, 08:27 PM
thanks for the tips guys, i'll be fine with the crappy driveway also, i've had years of practice, I usaully put some thick plywood on the ground and drive up on it, use two jackstands and a floor jack as backup, my truck is getting low so sometimes its hard to get the jack under it.

I'll be sure and try the washer/FL tip, it shouldn't take me long tommorrow, hopefully it will be warmer than today, alls i have to do is run the harness and the sensor, the relays and breakers are already mounted, I may even attempt to install my roush kit tommorrow if weather permits. I have longtubes, pulley, plugs, oil and fuel filters to do also, and then reinstall my chip...busy busy busy...

Old 03-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Wkuper11, be sure to install the front springs so the end of the spring bottom fits in the low spot in the lower control arm. The end of the spring goes right over the two holes in the control arm (about 1/8th holes a 1/4 inch apart). I did not pay attention and had to do it all over again. If you were near Austin I would help you with the install....I'm a pro now

Jerry

Quick Reply: HELP!! w/efan install