Lightning

Anyone ever worked at Discount Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003 | 07:58 PM
My lawyer sent them a nice letter telling them that they were going to honor my repair. I don't remember under what artical though. He also told them that there is limited production on these trucks!

They sent an adjuster out last Tuesday waitting to see what they say! My lawyer say's doen't sweat it!

I'll let you know!!!

Suavy

Old 03-13-2003 | 09:08 PM
I hope it all works out for you Suavy, but doesn't it cost more for a lawyer than what the difference in the repair bills would be? I realize sometimes it's necessary to get a lawyer involved, but small claims court usually will handle this sort of case with very little up front cost. I have nothing against lawyers, but no need for them to make money on things we can handle ourselves. Good luck on your repairs.

Old 03-13-2003 | 09:28 PM
Can anyone get me a discount on new tires?

My fronts are bald.

Old 03-13-2003 | 10:24 PM
Navi Man
I'm with you on that lawyer thing! However, I have learned over the years that when you are slapped in the face to hell with turning the other cheek!
Plus my lawyer is my family friend and has not charged me a thing.

Thank God for friends.

Peace, Suavy

Old 03-13-2003 | 10:42 PM
That's the best kind of lawyer to have.

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 03-18-2003 | 12:33 PM
When did Discount Tire change their policy on free repairs?

I went in yesterday to have a flat fixed and they now charge $10 if you didn't buy the tires there. not a big deal, but I've been a long-time customer, but it didn't matter.

They then said the hole in the tire was too close to the sidewall to repair, bummer. They did offer me full credit on a new tire (GY Eagle LS - $96), if I sprung for their life-time certificate for all 4 tires on my Jetta (2001 with only 10800 miles). They would only offer 50% credit if I declined the life-time certificates. It seemed rather shady, but I went for it. So, for $48 for the warranty plus $10 labor to install it, I have a new tire and road hazard warranty on all four tires.

Does Discount Tire have their own specs from the tire manufacturers?
The tread design is different on the new tire, otherwise it looks the same.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever worked at Discount Tire?