Lightning

Anyone ever worked at Discount Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003 | 12:41 AM
|
Anyone ever worked at Discount Tire?

I might get a job there, anyone on here worked there before??

Old 03-12-2003 | 12:53 AM
No but I'm sue-ing them does that count?

Suavy

Old 03-12-2003 | 02:00 AM
its an alright job, watch your fingers.

Old 03-12-2003 | 02:07 AM
HAHAHA, why you sueing em?

Old 03-12-2003 | 02:10 AM
i work there, they pay good for blue collar. wear gloves, and the fulltimers are all jackasses.

Last edited by cpeapea; 03-12-2003 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2003 | 10:19 PM
grinomyte,
I am sue-ing them because I took my L to them to swap my tires and they put it up on 4 jacks. When they were done this kid dumped one of the jacks and the front end came down on the tack handle. This cracked the drivers side nose cone by the fog light. Every thing was fine untill they got the bill. Now they want to use a sub-standard shop to do the repair. It's the dealership or nothing for me. (They want to glue my bumper cover instead of replacing it!)

Suavy

Last edited by Suavy; 03-13-2003 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-12-2003 | 11:29 PM
I work there also.....what ceapea said...do wear gloves otherwise it won't take long to mess up your hands. =)

-Matt-

Old 03-12-2003 | 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Suavy
grinomyte,
I am sue-ing them because I took my L to them to swap my tires and the put it up on 4 jacks and when the were done this kid dumped one of the jacks and the front end came down on the tack handle and cracked the drivers side nose cone by the fog light. Every thing was fine untill they got the bill. Now they want to use a sub-standard shop to do the repair. It's the dealership or nothing for me. (They want to glue my bumper cover instead of replacing it!)

Suavy

Go get em Suavy. Reading that makes my ears turn red. I remember the days when you would get three estimates and the insurance company would cut you a darned check so you could go where you wanted.
Now it seems like they all want you to go to some damned Jake Leg joint that wants to glue it all together and use cheap after market parts.

Kick Their Azzes,

Rocks

Old 03-13-2003 | 12:41 AM
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
Go get em Suavy. Reading that makes my ears turn red. I remember the days when you would get three estimates and the insurance company would cut you a darned check so you could go where you wanted.
Now it seems like they all want you to go to some damned Jake Leg joint that wants to glue it all together and use cheap after market parts.

Kick Their Azzes,

Rocks
Rocks,

It's very much against the law for insurance companies to force you to use a particular body shop. If you get in that situation with an insurance company, definitely point that out to them.

Old 03-13-2003 | 12:47 AM
thats funny,my bro is also in a lawsuit with them.he took his car there to get new tires and they stripped his lugs with the impact gun then we they said they would fix that they stripped his spindle nut and refuse to pay him back for any repairs.

Old 03-13-2003 | 01:06 AM
man that really sucks, its really up to the store manager if they wanna do something like that. my store is really good for that kinda stuff. infact i do the stud repairs/and replaces for when stripping does happen. hardly any damage to vehicles have happened at my store, and they few that have has been taken care of immediately. i hope everything works out for you Suavy, somepeople in this company can be ****s and i know that.

Old 03-13-2003 | 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Navi Man
Rocks,

It's very much against the law for insurance companies to force you to use a particular body shop. If you get in that situation with an insurance company, definitely point that out to them.
That's good to know Naviman...heck, maybe your not worthless...J/K.

Thanks for the heads up for real,

Rocks

Old 03-13-2003 | 01:17 AM
Originally posted by cpeapea
man that really sucks, its really up to the store manager if they wanna do something like that. my store is really good for that kinda stuff. infact i do the stud repairs/and replaces for when stripping does happen. hardly any damage to vehicles have happened at my store, and they few that have has been taken care of immediately. i hope everything works out for you Suavy, somepeople in this company can be ****s and i know that.

Gavin,

Give me a call tommorrow if you could. I need a couple tires. And I want them real dad gumed cheap.

Rocks

Old 03-13-2003 | 02:53 AM
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
That's good to know Naviman...heck, maybe your not worthless...J/K.

Thanks for the heads up for real,

Rocks
Tell my wife that. lol.

Old 03-13-2003 | 06:13 AM
well like they say ...

" You pay peanuts - YOU GET MONKEY'S "...

Quick Reply: Anyone ever worked at Discount Tire?