Lightning

New Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003 | 10:07 AM
|
Thumbs up New Owner!

Heya Jeff, thought you might like to know I drove home in an 03 DSG L with 41 miles on it last night! Thanks again for trying to help me out! Hopefully Ill see you guys up at the Pavillions some night so I can thank you in person.

I'll post pics soon!

ATTN all Arizona Residents!

DO NOT deal with Earnhardt Ford. Those jagoffs quoted me 31500 on the truck, told me they had a black one in stock (my first choice, until I saw DSG) to get me to come down. Worked all the financing on the phone, got my loan preapproved with my Credit Union, and drove for an hour in rush hour traffic to the dealer. When i get there, the guy (the Fleet Mngr) tells me "I made a mistake I cant give you the truck for that, as a matter of fact in addition to the MSRP of 33310, there is an additional 2000 markup on the truck." Plus, they only had a red one, and it made an odd grinding sound from the rearend when I test drove it!

Basically he blew smoke up my *** to get me down there, then after the test drive he lowers the boom on me. After ****ering with him, the GM, and the "SVT Salesman" for an hour, I told them to kiss my *** and walked.

Stopped at Pioneer Ford on the way home, had a great experience with friendly people, and drove the truck home that night, for under MSRP. Ill definately be dealing with them again when I get my wife convinced she needs to trade her 2001 Beetle in on a Mustang GT.

Kiss my fat a$$ Earnhardt Ford and Fleet Mngr Jon Brown for wasting my damn time and trying to play games with me. I plan on making sure EVERYONE I come in contact with knows the way you play your games.

Old 03-13-2003 | 10:56 AM
I've never dealt personbally with Earnhardt Ford but I've heard many stories from friends, you definately want to stay awy from them.
Chris

Old 03-13-2003 | 11:49 AM
Congrats on the new truck, and welcome to the family. Those DSG's are awesome. It was my first choice until I saw this red one. "Wow," I said. "It's gorgeous," my girlfriend said. "It's yours for X-Plan," the dealership said. I'm still drooling.

Old 03-13-2003 | 11:51 AM
Hey KCnAZ,

I ordered my new Sonic Blue L from Pioneer Ford. Got the contact through a post on this board. Seem like a great group of people (at least over the phone and e-mail); glad to see you're pleased with the way they treated you. Would you mind telling me what you paid for yours?

I'm in California and the truck is supposed to be there somewhere between the first and 7th of next month. I'll probably fly down and drive the truck back.

Jody

Old 03-13-2003 | 12:17 PM
Congrats KCinAZ

Old 03-13-2003 | 12:22 PM
Welcome to the CLAN

Old 03-13-2003 | 12:30 PM
|
I paid 32,300 for mine. They had it listed for 33,255. Not much of a break, but they were the only dealer in town that I could find that didn't have the "supplemental" sticker on the window, marking the truck up over MSRP. My first new vehicle purchase, so Im sure I could have done better.

They did put the work into it, with my clapped out old Chevy trade in, to get the numbers where I needed them to stay in my budget. I had a pre-approved loan, so I had a limit for finance I had to stay under. They were good to work with, I kept the place open till 11 pm before I drove home in my truck.

One word of advice, try and get them to throw the alarm system upgrade in as part of the purchase price. I had no idea there was an option involved concerning the alarm (my mistake, I assumed a 30g+ truck would come with a decent alarm standard), they dont even bring it up until youre sitting down with the finance guy signing the final papers. They got me for another $539 for that crap.

Last edited by KCinAZ; 03-13-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2003 | 12:47 PM
I have never heard of an alarm upgrade...what supposed to be different?

Old 03-13-2003 | 01:29 PM
|
They said it disables the starter to make the truck undrivable even if they do break into it. A few other details too I cant remember now. Does the standard alarm do this already, guess I am a sucker if it does.

Ah well, buy a vehicle and expect to get screwed I guess.

Old 03-13-2003 | 01:40 PM
From ford "SecuriLock® Passive Anti-theft System
Help prevent unauthorized vehicle access with the SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system. The System requires the use of a coded key to start the vehicle, and is automatically armed when the ignition is turned off and automatically disarmed when the ignition is turned on. For added security, the electronically coded ignition key includes billions of possible codes. In the event a non-encoded key or if ignition bypass is detected, the ignition-disabling feature kicks in. A flashing light indicates the presence of the anti-theft system, adding yet another theft deterrent. Should the System detect illegal entry through doors, hood, or liftgate, the vehicle sounds the horn, flashes headlamps and disengages starter motor system. " Standard equipment

I would get your money back.

Old 03-13-2003 | 02:29 PM
Thanks for the price KC. Nice to know about the alarm also; sounds like I'll stick with the factory setup there.

Jody

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:09 PM
|
Yea... I gotta stop by there to drop off the title to my old truck on the way home from work... Ill be havin words with them over that.

Old 03-13-2003 | 03:18 PM
|
Situation resolved... lol

Last edited by KCinAZ; 03-13-2003 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: New Owner!