Lightning

JLP Ported Intakes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by soap
Hey Leonard......

So all you did was gasket match yours??

Was this when your motor was apart?? What else did you add at the time (pistons/rods/valves??)

--Joe
Gasket match and ported it out. I did the gasket match and 10secL is finishing it for me. Looks very similar to what JL sells. This is my latest project. The JDM engine should go in hopefully in the next couple of weeks with JL's KB blower.

Old 03-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Looks nice! Those and some ported heads w/ cams ...

Old 03-14-2003, 07:05 PM
lower intake measurement

Originally posted by Incon306
Looks nice! Who did the portwork? Do you have before and after flow numbers? What is the cross-section of the intake runners(before and after)?
I was curious too so I took a pic of mine ... here it is: (Stock lower intake)

Old 03-15-2003, 12:54 AM
price is around $300-350.00 .
FastAsL: Trust me our phone is off the hook talikg to customers....As far as your order whats your name? i'll check on it...E-Mails? i hope i answered them if not then maybe we didn't get them..Let me Know ASAP so we can get you taken care of.....JL

Old 03-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyLightning
price is around $300-350.00 .
FastAsL: Trust me our phone is off the hook talikg to customers....As far as your order whats your name? i'll check on it...E-Mails? i hope i answered them if not then maybe we didn't get them..Let me Know ASAP so we can get you taken care of.....JL
my name is chris sterle. i ordered a set of trac bars and a ds loop. this was on thursday feb 27. sue told me that they would be shipped out the next day. i never got anything, including a tracking #. i even told sue when i needed them by and she said it would be no problem. the time that i needed them has come and gone. i have emailed you and called a dozen times. if i could get a hold of you, i would have already cancelled my order.

...chris csterle@lvcm.com

Old 03-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
I would be interested in seeing some before and after dyno numbers

Why, can't you be happy that JL's guys are running in the 11's?

Old 03-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by FastAsL
i ordered a set of trac bars and a ds loop. this was on thursday feb 27. sue told me that they would be shipped out the next day. i never got anything, including a tracking #. i even told sue when i needed them by and she said it would be no problem. the time that i needed them has come and gone. i have emailed you and called a dozen times. if i could get a hold of you, i would have already cancelled my order.
That's why I deal with JDM so far. He may be unprofessional on the boards and his pals and followers may be neanderthal (see any of the attacks toward someone questioning the world being flat vs round) , but dammit he's there and he picks up the phone!!

THANKS JIM!!

Old 03-15-2003, 03:34 PM
I understand your anger but i gotta tell ya.This is probally the first complaint ive heard of with johnny Lightning.Ive delt with him and hes always looking for a way to help.Im sure something got screwed up somewhere.Im sure its UNintentional.MOST of the tuners are hard to get a hold of.If you had hundreds of calls a day,You would too.No flame but we expect tuners to
1. be available all of the time for a phone call
2. fabricate NEW mods
3.build engines for us
4. test and tune
5.ship out immidiatley
6.be able to talk to each of us on the phone for undetermined amount of time.
7. MANY other things i cannot think of

the not so "poor" tuners dont even have enough time to kiss their wives at night.Most of us dont realize HOW MUCH EACH of us take up of their time .

Johnny is top notch,It must be a mistake.......

Old 03-15-2003, 05:36 PM
FastAsL

I'm sure there must be some kind of mix up? Johnny and Sue have always taken care fo my needs and with in 2 to 3 days I have my parts always!
Sue, has even given me Johnny's cell phone number to call him on the road for a customer service call.
I don't alway buy my mods from Johnny and that doesn't bother him he still gives me info when I need!
Most of us on this board arn't rich and we are out for the best price for quality mods & service! Right?

I have never had a beer with Johnny and he has never given me a discount on any thing I bought from him. However, I keep coming back to him cuz I know that if there is a tie for a price from another vendor or Johnny I will go with JLP for service and delivery.
I hope this helps e-mail him he usualy answers late at night like about 11 or 12 midnight!

Peace, Suavy

Old 03-15-2003, 05:42 PM
DL
Very Nice...

Old 03-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by fastbolt2002
Why, can't you be happy that JL's guys are running in the 11's?
For your information, Iam am VERY happy Johnny and his customers are running these strong numbers, as I know quite a few of them.

Iam asking questions so I can make a informed purchased.
Have a nice day

Old 03-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FastAsL

Thats the first time since I have been on these boards that I can remember JL having customer service problems. I know what your saying about the phone being busy, as I had a hard time getting thru to order my traction bars too. But I recieved them the very next day, thats because of the location, but I was still surprised to get them that quick. They are a very nice set

Old 03-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
For your information, Iam am VERY happy Johnny and his customers are running these strong numbers, as I know quite a few of them.

Iam asking questions so I can make a informed purchased.
Have a nice day
Well gosh I would agree that it's fine to want to make an informed purchase but questioning a supporting vendor can mark you as a heretic

Old 03-15-2003, 09:27 PM
So, what's the performance #'s?

Old 03-15-2003, 10:22 PM
my name is chris sterle. i ordered a set of trac bars and a ds loop. this was on thursday feb 27. sue told me that they would be shipped out the next day. i never got anything, including a tracking #. i even told sue when i needed them by and she said it would be no problem. the time that i needed them has come and gone. i have emailed you and called a dozen times. if i could get a hold of you, i would have already cancelled my order.

Chris i apoligize for the delay. here is your tracking #1Z0y84y370340538842 You should recieve them on the 19 th..We have been swamped since the Fla. Race and are trying our best to get caught up..i do understand your frustration and have to say i understand..If you choose not to keep your order when it is received i'll understand..i'll refund your FULL amount including the shipping..i hope you except my apoligy for this delay... JL

Quick Reply: JLP Ported Intakes!