Lightning

blew 3 plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003 | 11:25 AM
Go buy a lotto ticket your odds are about the same!!!!!

Old 03-16-2003 | 12:02 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Good Grief man,

3 Plugs at once? What did it sound like? a sonic boom a hell of a pop?. On a more positive note everything should be fine from here on in you will have the new heads that have I think 8 threads. Good luck.

Pat/bluelightning

Old 03-16-2003 | 04:50 PM
Re: Good Grief man,

Originally posted by bluelightning
3 Plugs at once? What did it sound like? a sonic boom a hell of a pop?. On a more positive note everything should be fine from here on in you will have the new heads that have I think 8 threads. Good luck.

Pat/bluelightning
Pat,

I don't think they replaced his heads and even if they did there is no garantee that the heads will be 8 thread 03 style.

Maybe he's gone now, but I sure hope his dealer didn't just put new plugs in and B.S ing him about that fixing it.

That may get him by long enough to be out of warranty...but then it is going to cost him big money.

Rocks

Old 03-16-2003 | 08:00 PM
Re: plugs and coil

Originally posted by sterling
as far as the three plugs at once- i assume that's what happened- that's what was listed as being replaced on the dealer invoice, along with the ignition coil.
It sounds like they checked all of your plugs while they were in there and popped in a couple more new ones. If they only replaced one coil, you probably only blew one plug.

Old 03-17-2003 | 08:59 AM
|
3 plugs

the plugs launching was accompanied by a very loud pop, a burning smell, and a limited amount of smoke.

i appreciate the heads up on this happening again, i'll have to follow up with it.

s.

Quick Reply: blew 3 plugs