Lightning

Nitto 555r and metco uppers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003 | 08:37 AM
|
Nitto 555r and metco uppers

Do the metco uppers prevent axle wrap? I have a set ordered and my next mod after that is nittos. So i want to make shure im not gonna do any damage.

Old 03-19-2003 | 08:55 AM
http://www.metco-inc.com/ford_lightning_truck_products/tracklinkmtl.htm

Yes, they will prevent axle-wrap.

Dan

Old 03-19-2003 | 09:24 AM
Metco uppers....

Funny you should post this today. I have had Metco uppers on my Lightning since I bought it 2 years ago. I have been really happy with them up until last night. Now I am even happier.
I have run them at the track over the past 2 seasons and have been pretty happy with their performance.
Last night I took the truck out and practiced launching it several times, then adjusted them into different positions, and launched it again and again. I now have them set so the truck leaves the line much harder and spins a lot less.
I knew that the 12.40's at 112.56 mph could, and should be improved on as 112 mph should be a couple of tenths under 12.40's. I think I have found the proper adjustment for them.
Now that I have rambled on and on about it, YES, they are a really good product and I suggest you get yourself a set.

Marc

Old 03-19-2003 | 02:44 PM
|
I already have some ordered. Since you have found the perfect setup would you mind sharing. bolenjo@bellsouth.net
REM said to put one complete turn past 0 preload.

Old 03-19-2003 | 05:20 PM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
I already have some ordered. Since you have found the perfect setup would you mind sharing. bolenjo@bellsouth.net
REM said to put one complete turn past 0 preload.
See masterloggie's post: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=107578

Dan

Old 03-20-2003 | 11:10 AM
Masterloggie is absolutely correct. I followed his instructions to the T. It takes some time, but the end result seems satisfying.
Now if the local track opens as scheduled this week end I will know for sure if I am set properly.
Marc

Old 03-20-2003 | 11:14 AM
Banned
From masterloggies post........

"Before anyone thinks he runs over curbs blatanly;the parking lot at work sometimes get blocked up and i must go over a curb to get out."

Hehehe

Old 03-20-2003 | 02:43 PM
|
so let me get this straight
more rounds= less traction/less wheel hop

Old 03-20-2003 | 07:29 PM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
so let me get this straight
more rounds= less traction/less wheel hop
Read this:

Go out and test.... if any wheel hop occurs as it bites... add one more complete turn. Continue this type adjusting shortening the length until it not longer hops.

Go out and test.... if any wheel hop occurs as it bites... add one more complete turn. Continue this type adjusting shortening the length until it not longer hops.

Do your testing from a dead stop... not rolling. Mine will smoke the street tires if I floor it at 15 MPH into second gear.... laying 2 nice stips of rubber. However, when I start from stand still, I get a couple of hops before it bites and burns the rear tires through second. Therefore, I need to add one more turn shortening the length

Dan

Quick Reply: Nitto 555r and metco uppers