Lightning

30k tune up

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003 | 06:54 PM
|
30k tune up

I bought my 01 L new about a year and a half ago. I am nearing the 30k mile mark and I was curious what all needs to be done. I have consulted the manual several times. Do the plugs need to be replaced? If so which kind? The only mods I have are a cold air kit and i am waiting on the new diablo programmer. I know the tranny fluid needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on what should be done are appreciated. Thanks.

Jet

Old 03-19-2003 | 06:59 PM
Do you race? If so, you should replace the plugs.

NGK-TR6 would work fine on the mostly stock truck... Or the DENSO equivilent. (IT22 I think?)

Changed the brake fluid lately? Is it still clear? Supercharger fluid is somewhere around that number too.

Old 03-19-2003 | 07:01 PM
|
Forgive my ignorance, but where can I find the supercharger fluid? Will the aftermarket spark plugs help prevent the spark plug problems that are so common nowadays (the truck spiting out the plugs)? Thanks alot

Old 03-19-2003 | 07:04 PM
Originally posted by silverbullet01
Forgive my ignorance, but where can I find the supercharger fluid? Will the aftermarket spark plugs help prevent the spark plug problems that are so common nowadays (the truck spiting out the plugs)? Thanks alot
Different plugs won't really help that, just paying attention to your truck will help. Mine made a noise before it decided it didn't want to be in the engine anymore.

The supercharger fluid is listed in the manual , but I don't remember the part #. You can probably find it if you search the forum for "supercharger fluid". You can't "check" the supercharger fluid, there is no dipstick kind of item for it. It just gets drained and refilled.

Dan

Old 03-19-2003 | 07:11 PM
|
Spark Plugs seem to be a common upgrade. Do they offer any added performance? I remember reading somewhere that they do, but I don't remember whether it was a credible source or not.

Old 03-19-2003 | 07:14 PM
Drain and fill tranny fluid, drain and fill antifreeze.
Replace fuel filter and PCV. Than go and do this

Old 03-19-2003 | 08:08 PM
THe denso's and the NGK plugs are less likely to have detonation since they do run cooler and with a pulley you need that.someone a while back had a list of misfires per brand of plugs and the denso's were the best the stock plugs were the worst.I think he tested the splitfires,bosch +4,champion,ngk,and densos.Anybody remember that chart??

Quick Reply: 30k tune up