Lightning

audi tt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi tt?

i raced one today. the guy kept revving at the light and jumpin up toward the light. well it went green and i had a decent launch. He ripped me off the line. i had a little spin but once i hooked i blew past him. i destoyed him as i thought i should. I was really impressed on how good he hooked off the line though. That awd is pretty sweet. It was a good kill. i was very impressed with his launch . he thought he was gonna kill me and his girl friend was laughin as i smoked him. it was a good time. i love this truck!

Vinny

Old 03-19-2003, 06:58 PM
My boss has one. I abused that thing and I'm totally virgin stock '00 L.

Old 03-19-2003, 07:01 PM
my truck is a stock 02. i destroyed it it wasnt even close. Redneck did he take you off the line though??? i won by so much he couldnt even read my plate from where he was but he did get me off the line! just curious.

Vinny

Old 03-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Those little yuppie cars are a joke.

If you raced the 180hp version, you have a 200hp advantage LoL.

One of my friends got one, the 180hp one, he couldn't get the 225 because his parents thought it was too fast! LoL!!

Old 03-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Banned
Heh if he got a jump on you he must of floored it and dropped the clutch.

Old 03-19-2003, 07:58 PM
No, Its ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Old 03-19-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah that all wheel drive makes em hook real good. That is why plus he was revvin and dropped the cllutch.

Vinny

Old 03-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Banned
Yes i know its AWD, but AWD doesn't matter when you don't have any power.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SpankDog
Yes i know its AWD, but AWD doesn't matter when you don't have any power.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Banned
In a straight line I am able to launch a lot better than my buddies WRX, now maybe its just the driver but the lightning hooks damn good for what we got.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:44 PM
You guys are a joke ripping on a car thats made 10 times better qaulity wise and is built for a totally different purpose then our trucks.

On a track that TT would tear apart an L, the braking system blows ares away, the 6 speed is incredible, and the stock motor will handle crazy power from the facotory!

I love my L and I think the world of it, but I know what a audi TT can do, My brother has a vert TT qauttro 225 hp version and I love driving that car. Its fun and its fast and it would top speed wise our do an L also. Our lightnings are impressive, but lets not get our heads to big boys.

There's TT's out there now with 500 HP at the wheels that are daily drivin and are still good on gas and on a stock block. If audi would sell the 300HP version of there TT in the USA it would be a different story for allot of L owners beating up on a 4 cylinder.

No flame boys, just trying to set the record straight. Lets show some respect for a car worthy of it.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Sorry RT, but until they bring over the version with some real *****, I'll keep bashing it. On a roadcourse, i think the L would probably hold it's own against one. Someone posted recently that they had all the vette boys complaining that the pickemup truck was passing them down the straight. Also, the 180hp version is pretty sorry. I would consider 225 more of a minimum than the "faster" car. LoL

BTW, the Audi TT shares it's chassis with several cars, the New Beetle among them. LoL!!

Last edited by MISTERgadget; 03-19-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:53 PM
Banned
I agree with you Joe I was just talking from the standpoint of straight line acceleration in a stock car.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:08 PM
dude don't doubt VW's power plants, who do you think makes lambo's now.

VW is the worlds largest car manufacturer, bigger then GM.

And With drivers that both know how to drive there vehicles to the max, a corvette would destroy a L on the road course, as would a TT. driver error is the biggest thing on a road race and while the L is one hell of a road race truck, its still a truck and stock to stock it will never out do a vette or TT.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:35 PM
TT vs L

Guys, I can speak first hand of the TT , my wife drives one. It is the 225 hp quattro roadster, I have the L. ( and I would not trade, but....) I CAN tell you with a few mods (computer change,diverter valve , intercooler tweak and exhaust) the car wakes up! as RT said it is a BLAST to drive,,, no matter what the weather is. I am not saying it can take a modded L in a straight line (mine is) but it is made for a different type of driving fun. As RT said you can't compare the quality of our trucks to the Audi, Ford just does not come close. (I own 3 fords, no flame) Last I would say put a TT up on a lift, then a VW and for laughs a Ford and compare... see for yourself the difference. Oh also I would NEVER mod an Audi or a L that is still under warranty........ Just my thoughts Jon

Quick Reply: audi tt?