Lightning

PCV kit on the way what to clean after install

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003 | 07:34 PM
|
Question PCV kit on the way what to clean after install

Just ordered my PCV kit yesterday from Swanson Performance, what all am going to have to clean oil off of/out of after I install it? I know I need to at least take the boot off to clean up, but what else can a guy that can install bolt-ons pretty confidently take off the motor to clean the oil that has gotten into it and not have to worry about his truck not working again?

Thanx,
Bill

Old 03-19-2003 | 07:37 PM
get a cup of water and hook it up to a vacum line.

don't do this with new plugs though.

i know this will clean all the carbon out.

but for the intercooler, you might have to take the supercharger off

Old 03-19-2003 | 09:52 PM
|
What all am I going to have to do to get to the intercooler, in taking the supercharger off am I going to be breaking seals that will have to be replaced? I have never done anything like that before to my truck, how worried am I going to have to be that my truck will work once I get it back together? Is there anywhere I can get instructions on how to remove and clean all of these parts to make sure I am doing it right?

Thanx,
Bill

Old 03-19-2003 | 09:59 PM
no the gasket is a metal one, just don't take off the intake under the s/c.

its really easy, actually

Old 03-20-2003 | 08:23 AM
Did a search for ya:

http://198.65.157.241/forums/showthr...ht=intake+oily

Good choice on the DS kit. I have one installed.

Dan

Old 03-20-2003 | 04:46 PM
|
Thanx Dan, i'm actually on that thread so I did read it. Just to be clear, is all I have to remove is the blower to get to that point in the picture? What do I use to clean my intercooler if it looks like that? Dan, I think you have replied in every one of my threads that i have started so you inspired me to go with the DS kit, the fed-ex guy came today and I missed him, but signed the paper so hopefully they leave it tomorrow.

Thanx again,
Bill

Old 03-20-2003 | 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 00 SVT TOY
Thanx Dan, i'm actually on that thread so I did read it. Just to be clear, is all I have to remove is the blower to get to that point in the picture? What do I use to clean my intercooler if it looks like that? Dan, I think you have replied in every one of my threads that i have started so you inspired me to go with the DS kit, the fed-ex guy came today and I missed him, but signed the paper so hopefully they leave it tomorrow.

Thanx again,
Bill
I've never pulled the s/c or the i/c but I seem to remember seeing a pic with the i/c out and being cleaned in a part's washer or with a solvent like brake cleaner sprayed all over it. Good luck

Dan

Quick Reply: PCV kit on the way what to clean after install