Lightning

New Filter Kit by volant

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilander,

Yeah id like to check it out. I have REM's filter kit and chip. I know these kits probably dont make power but the increased blower whine alone was well worth the money Who tuned your chip? and have you checked your A/F ratio's. Give me your email and well talk trucks.

Old 03-21-2003, 02:31 PM
I wonder why it says "99 to mid 01", did something change in middle of 01 production ?

FRITZ, Stock Silver 2001 "L" BaBolt's s/s tips

Old 03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Fritz,

I am almost sure nothing changed in midyear. If you notice 99- mid 01 and mid 01-03 are the same part number. I think they just goofed.

Old 03-21-2003, 03:33 PM

There's a couple of things on this kit that stand out to me. They may not be a big deal at all, just some things I noticed.

More hose clamps and joints on the assembly. I like how mine uses stock clamps and rubber gaskets/seals, instead of two couplers. I like how Volant considers engine movement though, since the airbox is hard mounted, the coupler from the MAF to the tube is shaped to allow flex. Why is the MAF plug on top though? Mine was always on the side. If you look at the molding of the volant box, it seems as if it forces you to have it on top. Why is the IAT sensor so far down the intake compared to stock and everyone else's kits? This is purely a cosmetic complaint but the tube itself is a little weirdly shaply and ungainly looking. It doesnt have a nice transition from the round MAF shape to the oval throttle body, and has a weird bulgy look. I also don't think i should be forced to have their logo under my hood 3 times (box, tube, coupler), unless I want to. I like the clean look of mine. I could put an REM logo on if I wished to do so, but I prefer the clean look.

There's the in depth analysis of an intake system by an armchair engineer.

Quick Reply: New Filter Kit by volant