Lightning

Well, I traded in the L in ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003 | 09:13 PM
|
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys ... it's nice to know that I can still interact at this site since I decided to trade the L. I really thought that some of you guys would take shun me for that. Very much appreciated!

Griffin 01 L,

It's on! Be sure to stay in touch my friend ...

Old 03-21-2003 | 09:44 PM
jl51 -

keep us updated about any motor issues you may have with the evo - the 4g63 block is not known for being one of the most reliable engines out there, but mistu might have done some things different this time around.

congrats on the new ride though - im jealous!!!

Old 03-21-2003 | 09:50 PM
0.97g

Old 03-21-2003 | 10:30 PM
Read your post, did a little research, concluded that the EVO is a freakin' awesome little car for the money. Don't know why you are choosing off Cobras and Lightnings for a drag race, though. That is not what the EVO is built for, any more than a Lightning is built for auto-x (although some of us are stubborn enough, or stupid enough to do it). Think you would have a lot more fun auto-xing your EVO than drag racing it. Check out the Orlando and Jacksonville events.
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/regional_sch.html

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:00 PM
|
jonrauch,

No need to be jealous ... especially with an HD in your driveway! Don't forget -- the evo is not that pricey if you can get your hands on one without the dredded rediculous dealer mark-up. At some point, try to drive one. I think it handles better than my buddies Acura NSX, IMHO of course! But thanks for the good words and I definitely plan to keep everybody updated.

alphadoggy,

I agree that this car is not made to drag, but I'm mostly interested in seeing what kind of lauch I can get, especially vs. the Cobra. Thanks for the good info ... will chk it out.

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:06 PM
I raced a BRAND new red Evo yesterday. He got me out of the hole (of course), but I slowly pulled on him! It took me until about 60 MPH though! If I ever have kids, I may get one and take that ugly spoiler off, or find a good Grand National. I sure do like the turbo cars! Is it true those cars stock only put out 7 P.S.I.? If that's the case there would be a TON of potential to that little beast!

Jimmy

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:15 PM
|
SOUNDS like the EVO's CHERRY has been popped!!! That's exactly how I thought it would happen, though ... the L coming from behind to claim victory ... that is, if you were racing in an L. Sounds like the guy may have been racing it before the break-in, since they have only been out now for 1-3 weeks, a the most. Not that it would make much of a difference, expect that the idiot could F-up his break-in. AT any rate, that's good info ... glad to hear that somebody finally found a chance to race one. I'm satisfied, 4-now.

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:19 PM
|
18psi ... with the potential for over 25!

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:20 PM
Yes, I have a 2000 L with just a chip. I was very impressed! It was just taken off the delivery truck!!!!! A salesman was driving it, the smell that thing was making smelled terrible! I feel really sorry for the person that takes delivery of that car with such a hard break in. Is it true that car comes with only 7 lbs of boost?

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:22 PM
|
18psi @ 3500 according to spec. One needs to keep the evo btween 3500-7000 to get full potential ... I've yet to experience that, being only close to 400 miles on the od. A long 200+ to go ...

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:26 PM
|
THANK GOD I got mine right off the truck! I even watched them unwrap the thing! ... I was like ... ! That's said that a dealership would allow salesman to f-up such a nice ride like that! I know that the dealership I bought mine from, the owner wouldn't even alow those dirty salesman to even sit in it!

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:29 PM
What was really cool, was how long the "ringing" sound of that turbo was! I sounded really cool! Can you get the cars with a "spoier delete"? That probably is the only thing I didn't really like about the car. But then again, when the last gen Supras first came out, I HATED that spoiler too, but it doesn't bother me much now. (Especially to see one of those cars run high 10's in the 1/4 on drag radials!!!!!!!!!!!!!) It may grow on me! Enjoy the ride, I can't wait to see what a good modded car can put out!

Jimmy

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:30 PM
|
Well, at least it got beat by a sweet ride! Yea mine smelled like burning electrical wire for about the 1st 150 miles. Still can't believe that a salesman is stupid enough to do that!

Old 03-21-2003 | 11:37 PM
|
The spoiler, sunroof, and race pedals appear to be the only options, but at this point ... the dealers get what they can get ... in other words, there is no build your own yet, and dealers can't even guarantee they will get what they ordered. Most are coming in w/ the spoiler & sunroof, and some have the special pedals. The spoiler is an easy removal, however ... but it isn't just for show -- it has a function and 3 different settings, although the function doesn't occur until over 100mph or so. I actually like it -- hand made carbon fiber ... just takes some getting used to for certain people, and others flat think "fast & the furious" shzzzzzit. W/O the spoiler, the car would be a total sleeper.

Old 03-22-2003 | 01:26 AM
even if u get it to go faster than a lightning its still gonna be uglier!!!

Quick Reply: Well, I traded in the L in ....