Lightning

Can I use stock temp for autometer guage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003 | 11:59 PM
|
Can I use stock temp for autometer guage?

Hey, I want to use the stock sensor for my autometer guage. Is that possible? I dont want to hack a hose or tap the housing. Can I simply splice into the sending wire on the stock plug? And if so, does anyone know which wire it is? I am trying to keep the stock remp guage functional, so I just want to tap into the stock sending wire if this is possible. Thanx all.

Old 03-23-2003 | 01:10 AM
Nope sorry but it will not work.

Old 03-23-2003 | 10:31 AM
|
If I replace the stock one with the autometer sensor, will the fan still trigger, does it have its own sensor? Is the moral of the story that I have to chop into a hose?

Old 03-23-2003 | 01:00 PM
won't work

the sensors are callibrated differently. Trust me.............i looked at every option Reason why I went with the hose (no, it's not hacked).........is because if i decide to get rid of the pod to return to stock, or anything else, it's alot easier and cheaper to replace that hose then screw up the manifold.

Another option i haven't seen you mention i the plug on the driver's side of the block. Temp isn't as accurate hear and if you have an electric fan, this hole is already used.

Like I said in my other post, the project looks rough because i did it at the end of the season and just took the truck out of storage, so i just tapped it up to make it look at bit cleaner for the last trip to the track, but a 1" diaamer piece of wire loom will easly make it look factory and no one will ever know it's there. When's the last time you checked out someone's heater hoses?

Old 03-24-2003 | 04:45 PM
|
Tallimeca,
What did you need to do your tap into the hose, other than what comes with the autometer? I am probably just going to do that but was hoping you could help with sizes as far as fittings for the hose & so on. Thanx

Old 03-24-2003 | 08:02 PM
dayum!

i took the time to make you a nice little diagram and you must have missed it!!!

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...0&pagenumber=1

Like i said i just wrapped tape around it to clean it up again, but i'm gonna put some loom over it. Honestly, it looks worse in the picture cause it's a closeup, but you don't even see it when you look under the hood.

Old 03-25-2003 | 12:30 AM
|
DOH! lol..crap...forgot about that.....thanx dude!

Old 03-25-2003 | 06:45 AM
Or you can bring it by, and I'll tap into the manifold for you

Quick Reply: Can I use stock temp for autometer guage?